Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D~V's brilliant QUAD SACD of Billy Paul Live........SHORT, but oh, so SWEET.
Couple nights ago, I invited my "retired" neighbor over for some jams.......he LOVES sitting in the sweet spot in my listening room.....he never heard of Quad or any of the surround releases...but he loves music. I played that one and he just looked at me and smiled. We had a great time.

America - Homecoming on SACD in 5.1 ....once the dogs are done posing they're extricated from the room for loudness concerns. Me, on the other hand will crank it a bit for a short time. Ventura Highway with the acoustic guitar in the surrounds and the bass peaking at around 98 db...bliss, I tell ya.:rocks
fullsizeoutput_838.jpeg

America - Homecoming on SACD in 5.1 ....once the dogs are done posing they're extricated from the room for loudness concerns. Me, on the other hand will crank it a bit for a short time. Ventura Highway with the acoustic guitar in the surrounds and the bass peaking at around 98 db...bliss, I tell ya.:rocksView attachment 35951
The one on the left appears to be gritting teeth...lmao

Currently spinning the fantastic song "Me and Mrs. Jones" from "360 Degrees of Billy Paul"

Did you notice the alternate vocal? Some old comments in the SQ/Q8 poll thread for 360 Degrees count that against it...personally I think it's kinda neat even if it's missing the powerful original ending.

...And I know those drums over in right rear prob aren't your fave ;)

America - Homecoming on SACD in 5.1 ....once the dogs are done posing they're extricated from the room for loudness concerns. Me, on the other hand will crank it a bit for a short time. Ventura Highway with the acoustic guitar in the surrounds and the bass peaking at around 98 db...bliss, I tell ya.:rocksView attachment 35951

Looks like they not givin' up that SACD and the room too easily there Red lol :eek:

Back