Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Doors - The Singles (Quad)

Attachments

• 9DAA959F-6670-405A-86B5-AC817E4C37E1.jpeg
    9DAA959F-6670-405A-86B5-AC817E4C37E1.jpeg
    844.2 KB · Views: 84
Not much going on in the rear channels, but this MLP DVD~A comes very highly recommended. https://www.amazon.com/Kickin-at-Barn-Little-Feat/dp/B00065GI7I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1541069499&sr=8-1&keywords=Little+Feat:+Kickin+it+at+the+barn+DVD~Audio

614SC0M9NCL.jpg

This review from AmazonUS sums it up:

4.0 out of 5 stars5.1 makes the difference
January 25, 2007
Format: DVD AudioVerified Purchase
You know, I didn't much care for 'Kickin' It at the Barn' when it first came out, but I love surround sound so much I gave this a try.

This is a WHOLE different enchilada, and one of the best 5.1 releases I've heard. The expanded soundstage really serves the songs, and it is one of the most 'organic' surround recordings out there. (By that I mean it is a musical, and not a 'special effects' experience.)

The rhythmic interplay that has always been at the root of Little Feat's sound is particulally well-served, and you really do have the sense of being 'in the middle of the band'.

If you have a good surround system,, you need this disc.

Sam

Just had to listen to some of "Heads".

Highly recommend "Dream Operator " and of course (like all of their discs) very active surround mix fr Jerry Harrison & E. T.
They know what they're doing with surround , kinda wish they could remix more artist's catalogues.
This disc contains surround videos as well as the entire surround album.

The Talking Heads - True Stories. DVDA

20181023_165655.jpg
20181023_165708.jpg

This mornings delivery ~
The Moody Blues - In Search of the Lost Chord 50th 5.1 DVDV DTS 96/24
Tomita - The Planets Ultimate Edition 4.0 SACD all the way from Japan
Steven Wilson - Home Invasion 5.1 Blu-ray DTS-HD Master

(i haven't picked up any of the Tomita SACDs yet) how are you enjoying the surround sound on that one?

No, not the angle...he's a monster. Best guess....he's 20 pounds...maybe more. He's really long, but yeah....huge gut. :)
He's got four paws and a tail so that's 4.1. We have an orange neighbor cat named Julio ( sometimes known as Jules) who could be a mini Lamar; he has a big head and big feet but with short legs and a short tail, small to medium length torso. At first I thought he was a kitten and was going to be big trouble when grown up especially for our less than genus friendly felis. Turn's out he's a good natured mutant, always looking for food and a head scratch. Don't worry mods, QQ won't become a cat blog.

(i haven't picked up any of the Tomita SACDs yet) how are you enjoying the surround sound on that one?
It's very good, in fact I already had it as a quad file I downloaded from somewhere, but I thought it was that good that I ought to own it, so it was less than £20 on Amazon, took a while to be delivered all the way from Japan.
I've actually got it on stereo vinyl too but never really got into it, much better in quad!

Back