Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got this today, amazing disc if you have a 5.1 HT system, great way to show it off. Fantastic animation and sound on the blu ray. Anyone have this? If not, check out their site at Animusic.com, you can view clips there. I bought right from the site, Amazon was a little pricey. (y)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 167
Oh man, an all-time fav of mine! And the dude from American Psycho loves it too, so bonus!
Couldn't love the record more. \m/

To me, 'Duke's Travels' and 'Duke's End' really showed that they could still be very "prog" if they wanted to be. I've always loved listening to the duet of Phil and Tony. 'The Cinema Show' is another great example.

Now I've moved on to "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway"
The accompanying slideshow on the DVD-V disc puts this release completely over the top for me! :)

Jeff Beck Group: fantastic, discrete blues surround bliss. You know, there's a few AF titles I've been holding out on because the music isn't really my thing (BST, EWF, Bread), but these AF discs just sound soo good, I think tonight I'm gonna pull the trigger on all three!

...Done!

Post-lunchtime listening today is courtesy of Paul McCartney and "The McCartney Years" DVD.
These mixes are so incredible and have been some of my favorite surround mixes to listen to for over 7 years now.
Whoever was responsible for these surround mixes not only perfectly understands surround, but they also perfectly understood McCartney's music and how to best represent it in surround.

Highly recommended for all! :)

Post-lunchtime listening today is courtesy of Paul McCartney and "The McCartney Years" DVD.
These mixes are so incredible and have been some of my favorite surround mixes to listen to for over 7 years now.
Whoever was responsible for these surround mixes not only perfectly understands surround, but they also perfectly understood McCartney's music and how to best represent it in surround.

Paul Hicks was responsible for the 5.1 mix on that DVD...and he is no stranger to Beatles music...Here is an interesting article about the Beatles catalog and his involvement

A few years ago I played these 5.1's for my mate Dave who is a huge Macca fan..
he was also in a Beatles tribute band for a while and has the most beautiful Hofner violin bass which he plays very Macca-esque and has his vocal stylings down to a tee, its uncanny..

anyway.. his jaw hit the floor when he heard some of the surround stuff on the McCartney Years DVD, especially the 70's material.. at one point I switched off the tv and he just sat there listening super intently, loving every minute of hearing his idol represented in such stunning clarity and detail.

If every major artist had a similar DVD set with 5.1 remixes of such an impeccably high standard you wouldn't hear me complaining.

image.jpg

The McCartney Years

Just had to join the party and spin it. :wave

Speaking of The Beatles... Last weekend I watched an excellent 2010 documentary of John's years in New York, called "LennoNYC".

Back