Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not gonna lie, Stankonia has always been a favorite of mine. Sounds awesome!!!

6b28d6024c801d886dd2d305b86cdba7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That looks like a pretty discrete surround mix... may have to check this out...

Blastin my four walls, before the wife and daughter come back from a weeks stay with her sister up in Norfolk.
Never hurts when we're left to our own devices. I've been blasting as much as possible since my wife went to visit her mom in Austin, TX. She returns next Wednesday, so I still have time to detonate a few more charges!!!

Never hurts when we're left to our own devices. I've been blasting as much as possible since my wife went to visit her mom in Austin, TX. She returns next Wednesday, so I still have time to detonate a few more charges!!!

You are so right..the strife (sorry wife!!) :love: asked whether I'm okay today..bless her.

I laid it on nice and thick...'just barely coping dear'.
As I down another glass of homebrew beer...:LB
And play my music while watching sport on TV...It's a great life!!:QQlove

Now here's a thing, maybe I'm hearing things but I'm getting surroundy music from my JRiver player. The file I'm playing is an m4a and it's happened on others too.
My music is set up to play from my PC in a 7.1 format through the Marantz 8012 amp.
There is definitely separation going on, not massive but noticeable..Is this possible? Or is my homebrew kickin in?
Maybe its faux surround aka Silverline?

Ooh I'm playing The Pink Fairies -What a Bunch of Sweeties
This one:
https://www.discogs.com/Pink-Fairies-What-A-Bunch-Of-Sweeties/master/71345
A nice little rocker

There it goes, it's panning around on track 6..this can't be right!!

Any ideas out there?

Maybe I've hit upon Involves little secret!!?:unsure::)

Last edited:
Now here's a thing, maybe I'm hearing things but I'm getting surroundy music from my JRiver player. The file I'm playing is an m4a and it's happened on others too.
My music is set up to play from my PC in a 7.1 format through the Marantz 8012 amp.
There is definitely separation going on, not massive but noticeable..Is this possible? Or is my homebrew kickin in?
Maybe its faux surround aka Silverline?

Ooh I'm playing The Pink Fairies -What a Bunch of Sweeties
This one:
https://www.discogs.com/Pink-Fairies-What-A-Bunch-Of-Sweeties/master/71345
A nice little rocker

There it goes, it's panning around on track 6..this can't be right!!

Any ideas out there?

Do you have some kind of DTS:X turned on your amp, or other faux setting?

The Beatles - The White Album; Bluray 5.1
Got this as an Xmas gift and was initially slightly disappointed in what I perceived to be a conservative mix by Giles. So glad I took my time evaluating this masterpiece.

It's rife with selective, yet discrete surround usage and begs the listener to sit back and enjoy - no need to weigh and measure every time the rears are engaged. The low end heft and incredible fidelity throughout is superlative for a recording this age. Heading over to vote my '10' now.

Do you have some kind of DTS:X turned on your amp, or other faux setting?

I've just gone through all the various settings from stereo to multi plus Dolby,X or Atmos.
I get the same response from all of those, except stereo!!
Okay I'll run with this.
This is a nice little bonus for me..
Do I need that Involve player now?:unsure::unsure::)
Only joking..

Be interesting to see if anyone can get the same response if they have a similar system setup.

Update:
Ive just checked in tools on JRiver
What did I select a while back...convert 2ch to 8 ch🙄
So i'm getting now:
Output 44.1 KHz 24 (padded) 8ch using wasapi (direct connection)

There you go folks, problem solved..got me own little surroundy player for the CD's.
Who would have thought I could do that!!:LB

Last edited:
Back