Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have all three hi def versions [BD~A, DVD~A, SACD] and IMO, they all sound great ...... but as in anything ... are all equipment dependent. My Meridian [which, sadly, now is in need of repair] just exacts more oomph [midrange/bass extension] than my OPPO player.
That’s exactly what’s missing on playback of the DVDA on my Oppos. Sharper/thinner sounding.

I have all three hi def versions [BD~A, DVD~A, SACD] and IMO, they all sound great ...... but as in anything ... are all equipment dependent. My Meridian [which, sadly, now is in need of repair] just exacts more oomph [midrange/bass extension] than my OPPO player.
I plan to A/B/C all three soon. Same player.
Either my Sony x800 or OPPO BDP-103.

I plan to A/B/C all three soon. Same player.
Either my Sony x800 or OPPO BDP-103.

As I said, Mike.....IMO, all three sound great. IMO, different players [as I've outlined] will, inevitably, give you varying results and of course ALL my discs are treated, demagnetized and dampered. Read Audiophile Auditions review of the OPPO 205, especially the part where the reviewer treats his discs: You'd be astounded at the before/after difference........

https://www.audaud.com/oppo-digital-udp-205-disc-player/

Last edited:
As I said, Mike.....IMO, all three sound great. IMO, different players [as I've outlined] will, inevitably, give you varying results and of course ALL my discs are treated, demagnetized and dampered. Read Audiophile Auditions review of the OPPO 205, especially the part where the reviewer treats his discs: You'd be astounded at the before/after difference........

https://www.audaud.com/oppo-digital-udp-205-disc-player/
Not much said about the treatment in the review. Can you elaborate further?

Great lyrics:
"Yeah I'm chilling on a dirt road
Laid back swervin' like I'm George Jones
Smoke rollin' out the window
An ice cold beer sittin' in the console "

Not much said about the treatment in the review. Can you elaborate further?

I only use a four part treatment .....NOT the five the OPPO reviewer utilizes. But I warn you ..... it's EXPENSIVE and TIME CONSUMING. Do the treatments work ..... YOU BETCHA! I'll PM you, KID!

Back