Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The main problem I have with Chycki's 'Subdivisions' is that it sounds so harsh and limited. I wouldn't even care that much about the lack of surround mix or dynamics I guess, but to me it just sounds so unpleasant and harsh. Harsh. :(
I believe I get your point, a few of my discs give me middle ear pain and hot ears after a few tracks, not nice at all. Fortunately only a few.

Give it a try on the DVD-A or BD-A sometime! I promise it's way more discrete than anything from Side A.
It's not even so much about how discrete it is, it's more about how unpleasant the album sounds. I don't ever recall remembering this album as sounding this harsh, but this Chycki version does in fact seem very compressed and harsh, to me.

I think that's why it bothers me so much, because I seem to remember this album sounding so much better than this. o_O

It's not even so much about how discrete it is, it's more about how unpleasant the album sounds. I don't ever recall remembering this album as sounding this harsh, but this Chycki version does in fact seem very compressed and harsh, to me.

I think that's why it bothers me so much, because I seem to remember this album sounding so much better than this. o_O
Ah. Sorry you're experiencing that. Sounds great on my system.

Aaron Neville: Nature Boy the Standards Album (SACD 5.1)

R-9900132-1488198989-2773.jpeg.jpg

I just don't fully understand how this is the case. I love the album; find the audio a bit harsh; you apparently didn't experience the same anomaly that I did.
So many possible factors there: our hearing, our equipment, expectations, mood, etc.
For reference, there are certainly recordings that grate on me: Muse - The Resistance, the Gary Numan Silverline, to name a couple.

So many possible factors there: our hearing, our equipment, expectations, mood, etc.
For reference, there are certainly recordings that grate on me: Muse - The Resistance, the Gary Numan Silverline, to name a couple.
It just breaks my heart that it's one of my favorites. I'm also a huge fan of Beck. Both the singular version, and also the guitarist. :dance

I just don't fully understand how this is the case. I love the album; find the audio a bit harsh; you apparently didn't experience the same anomaly that I did.
Different systems. Different ears.

I’m going to play Signals later today since I’ve only played it once cause I remember the mix not sounding so good. It had a hollow, sorta, out-of-phase sound to it.

Back