Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finally got my rig all set up and semi-eq'd in my new house and have been having some fun. 🍻 :smokin

Hans Zimmer - Live In Prague

Amin Bhatia - Interstellar Suite

Now: Blue Man Group - Audio
rock.gif

Well, thank goodness I had ordered a plethora of discs right before I left; and curses that I ordered the aforementioned plethora: when my wife saw the pile of loot on our dining room table, she turned to me, looked me in the eyes, and said, "You have a problem; we need to talk" Perhaps all I need to do is sit her down with this beauty from DV:
View attachment 41440
wHOLlY souly moley!

Thank god i don't have a wife..:)

Had me a wife once, when I was very young. Had practically a wife several times since then. Women have a way of brainwashing me somehow, sometimes, but these days, I try my best to resist. It saves lots on money, better spent on audio equipment that exclusively gives back many happy returns.

Like Neil Young says: 'Only love can break your heart' 😢

Cheating a little here, not currently listening out loud. I've had the No Secrets DVD-A in the Acura for a couple of days now and have played it at home too. I haven't owned the album in any format so it's mostly new to me. Carly Simon's voice isn't exactly gentle but after a while it's comfortably familiar. I'm a slow voter but this will get a positive review. A warm, well rounded surround experience.

Jeff Beck Group (Orange Album) SACD. Fresh from CDJapan.How good these Japanese 7" SACD's sound.I have theme all now,and they are much better sounding than the earlyer releases.I love the bass on these SACD's.Maybe not the right sound,but it's my right sound. :rocks 🥃 Well worth the money all of them.(y)

Sergio Mendes : Sergio Mendes (CD-4)

surprise, surprise.. 🎩🎇🐇
it's Sergio Mendes! 😝

this is his 1975 album for Elektra that history says kinda came and went, i guess - and yet mercifully it got the Quad treatment! so at least a little corner of London won't forget it, so long as there is breath in my body and the kit to turn an old record into sorta surround i'll be spinning this gem! 💪 💎

...and it's a rather funky lil' smoothie, very much up my musical alley.. delightful laid back soulful recreations of top tunes by an embarrassment of musical talent including Stevie Wonder, Donny Hathaway, George Harrison, Thom Bell & Linda Creed, Leon Ware.. and the whole thing rounds off with one of the saddest (yet for me) most beautiful songs of the seventies ("The Trouble With Hello Is Goodbye") composed by Dave Grusin with Alan & Marilyn Bergman (just in case you don't have a box of man-size kleenex at the ready while you're listening, a brotherly heads up; the track will make your eyes leak! 😭
i have a Q8 of this wee beauty (which was pretty much pristine before i got my mitts on it) so i've a rough idea how the CD-4 should pan out and.. well.. blow me down but it's pouring out of the speakers like a velvet-coated chinchilla slipping o'er a bunny wabbit's tail, it's going down nearly as nicely as this wee G&T i took the liberty of pouring just before i dropped the needle. cheers to another wonderful week of life in surround to everyone at QQ 🍻

Sergio Mendes : Sergio Mendes (CD-4)

surprise, surprise.. 🎩🎇🐇
it's Sergio Mendes! 😝

this is his 1975 album for Elektra that history says kinda came and went, i guess - and yet mercifully it got the Quad treatment! so at least a little corner of London won't forget it, so long as there is breath in my body and the kit to turn an old record into sorta surround i'll be spinning this gem! 💪 💎

...and it's a rather funky lil' smoothie, very much up my musical alley.. delightful laid back soulful recreations of top tunes by an embarrassment of musical talent including Stevie Wonder, Donny Hathaway, George Harrison, Thom Bell & Linda Creed, Leon Ware.. and the whole thing rounds off with one of the saddest (yet for me) most beautiful songs of the seventies ("The Trouble With Hello Is Goodbye") composed by Dave Grusin with Alan & Marilyn Bergman (just in case you don't have a box of man-size kleenex at the ready while you're listening, a brotherly heads up; the track will make your eyes leak! 😭
i have a Q8 of this wee beauty (which was pretty much pristine before i got my mitts on it) so i've a rough idea how the CD-4 should pan out and.. well.. blow me down but it's pouring out of the speakers like a velvet-coated chinchilla slipping o'er a bunny wabbit's tail, it's going down nearly as nicely as this wee G&T i took the liberty of pouring just before i dropped the needle. cheers to another wonderful week of life in surround to everyone at QQ 🍻

It's a shame that none of those classic A&M Sergio Mendes albums ever received proper remixes and now those multis are [presumably] lost forever. Lani Hall's voice was to die for ....... and Herb Alpert thought so too...he married her!

It's a shame that none of those classic A&M Sergio Mendes albums ever received proper remixes and now those multis are [presumably] lost forever. Lani Hall's voice was to die for ....... and Herb Alpert thought so too...he married her!

as The Spinners would say; "it's a shame..."
(albeit too early to be one of their Quads!)
but as QQ Jon said (paraphrasing like a biyatch!) we should be happy with what we've got! 👍

"cos i've got all that i'm allowed,
it'll do for me i'm thankful now,
the walls get higher every day..
the barriers get in the way
but i see hope in every cloud
and i'm thankful, thankful
i'm thankful, so thankful,

i've got all that i'm allowed..."

Back