Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

Surprised the score is so low, a great album with a great mix from Bruce Soord, it would seem that Anathema are not well liked in this forum!
I agree 100%! I nearly balked when i typed in the number–it is SUCH a wonderful mix and a truly powerful and transcendent album. I don't remember what made me purchase it in the first place . . . probably a preview video caused me to read about the band. I know i was intrigued by the idea behind the album (revisiting a previous album, starting where that album left off . . . 16 years prior!). At any rate, i do remember the first time i heard the album–i was utterly transfixed! Made me ultimately pick up Distant Satellites, Weather Systems, We're Here Because We're Here, and A Moment in Time. There's no poll for A Moment in Time and none of the other polls make it to 9.0 (Distant Satellites gets closest at 8.88). Different strokes for different folks . . . i'm Anathema folk!

Last edited:
I agree 100%! I nearly balked when i typed in the number–it is SUCH a wonderful mix and a truly powerful and transcendent album. I don't remember what made me purchase it in the first place . . . probably a preview video caused me to read about the band. I know i was intrigued by the idea behind the album (revisiting a previous album, starting where that album left off . . . 16 years prior!). At any rate, i do remember the first time i heard the album–i was utterly transfixed! Made me ultimately pick up Distant Satellites, Weather Systems, We're Here Because We're Here, and A Moment in Time. There's no poll for A Moment in Time and none of the other polls make it to 9.0 (Distant Satellites gets closest at 8.88). Different strokes for different folks . . . i'm an Anathema folk!
Weather systems is in my top five albums of all time, musically phenomenal and lyrically resonates with me as i’ve lost both parents and half the songs on it deal with losing a loved one, my brother can’t listen to this album since he lost his wife to cancer a couple of years ago ☹️

Decided to give it a whirl...a bit of smiley EQ in VLC makes it WAY better!!!
Saint Francis of Assisi will NEVER BE THIS GOOD!!!...

Kap, surprised [REALLY] that TEN SUMMONER'S TALES never received a multi~CH SACD/DVD~A upgrade like Sting's lesser album, SACRED LOVE which I do have on MLP DVD~A 5.1.

Universal/A&M certainly moves in mysterious ways when it comes to one of their best selling artists ....... and even a BD~A during their BD launch would've been most welcomed!

As you said, the surround mix is superb ....but even with 20 bit mastering, the 16/44.1 DTS disc fails to WOW!

Back