Louise Patricia Crane - Netherworld 5.1 DVD-V/CD (featuring Jakko Jakszyk/Mel Collins/Tony Levin/Ian Anderson)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello - don't believe this has been shared yet but Louise Patricia Crane has a new album due out this year featuring a 5.1 Surround-Sound DVD mixed by Jakko Jakszyk in certain editions.
Here is the video for the first single:

Prog have also done a little write up on the up coming album over here

Cheers for the heads up 👍
Just listened to the first track and I like what I've heard, so on that basis I've pre-ordered the CD/DVD.

Hello - don't believe this has been shared yet but Louise Patricia Crane has a new album due out this year featuring a 5.1 Surround-Sound DVD mixed by Jakko Jakszyk in certain editions.
Here is the video for the first single:

Prog have also done a little write up on the up coming album over here

If you are in the US, assuming you only want the CD/DVD combo, which includes the 5.1 mix....minimum price is $27.65 + $16.34 for shipping. $43.99'ish.

If you are in the US, assuming you only want the CD/DVD combo, which includes the 5.1 mix....minimum price is $27.65 + $16.34 for shipping. $43.99'ish.
That's about £35 here Gene...our cost with postage is £26.
That is a very high price over the pond 😕

Buying It goes up to $24 in shipping for 2 so it really needs to be 3 people going in for $31 shipping and ~$8 once it drops for $13 each .. not really worth it.
My bro is moving back from Ireland in July, I may ask him to grab a copy for me at ~£26

The music is lovely, but paying more than half the cost of the cd/dvd for shipping to US ($27.65 + $16.34) is just ridiculous. The digital download is less than $9 but it doesn't say anything about multichannel or high resolution - just "high quality" which is probably cd stereo. Still, a much better deal than $16.19 plus $9.90 for the physical cd digipak.

The music is lovely, but paying more than half the cost of the cd/dvd for shipping to US ($27.65 + $16.34) is just ridiculous. The digital download is less than $9 but it doesn't say anything about multichannel or high resolution - just "high quality" which is probably cd stereo. Still, a much better deal than $16.19 plus $9.90 for the physical cd digipak.
HI, in all fairness to the artist - I don't think shipping prices are within their control. For instance - I was trying to get a record from America shipped to the UK, £40+ for the shipping for a single disc vinyl from them and for the CD it was £28 shipping!
I'm lucky to get a record shipped from the EU for less than £14 these days too- the sole exception being with Amazon...and I've seen a lot of people giving grief to superdeluxeedition & burningshed about shipping costs outside of their control too. I don't believe the label Louise Patricia Crane is on has a USA distributor - I think they're only getting set up with a small EU distributor now, the perils of being an independent artist these days! I'd say though if you have ways of sending cheaper and securely you could probably drop her or her distributor a line, think they would be happier not having to pay extortionate shipping rates themselves.

Re: offering digital multichannel audio files- does bandcamp support that? I'm going to have to plead ignorance on that one, all my surround sound audio is provided via Blu-ray audio, SACD and DVD/A discs. I know a bunch of the spatial audio mixes I was dying to listen to (eg: Sananda Maitreya/Terence Trent D'Arby's debut album for instance) were only available on Apple Audio via Apple TV which I wasn't exactly wanting to rush out to invest in myself. Please, if there is a way of downloading surround sound audio from Bandcamp let me know, I'd be mighty curious!

Just to be clear, I don't blame any artist for exorbitant shipping costs. However, that doesn't make them any less ridiculous and is one of the main reasons I rarely purchase imports anymore. Good news for US fans interested in sampling her music - the album Deep Blue and several recent singles are available on Apple Music. The song Dance With The Devil is actually mixed in Atmos! Hopefully the rest of the new album will eventually follow. In addition, her very faithful cover of King Crimson's Ladies Of The Road is also available.

HI, in all fairness to the artist - I don't think shipping prices are within their control. For instance - I was trying to get a record from America shipped to the UK, £40+ for the shipping for a single disc vinyl from them and for the CD it was £28 shipping!
I'm lucky to get a record shipped from the EU for less than £14 these days too- the sole exception being with Amazon...and I've seen a lot of people giving grief to superdeluxeedition & burningshed about shipping costs outside of their control too. I don't believe the label Louise Patricia Crane is on has a USA distributor - I think they're only getting set up with a small EU distributor now, the perils of being an independent artist these days! I'd say though if you have ways of sending cheaper and securely you could probably drop her or her distributor a line, think they would be happier not having to pay extortionate shipping rates themselves.

Re: offering digital multichannel audio files- does bandcamp support that? I'm going to have to plead ignorance on that one, all my surround sound audio is provided via Blu-ray audio, SACD and DVD/A discs. I know a bunch of the spatial audio mixes I was dying to listen to (eg: Sananda Maitreya/Terence Trent D'Arby's debut album for instance) were only available on Apple Audio via Apple TV which I wasn't exactly wanting to rush out to invest in myself. Please, if there is a way of downloading surround sound audio from Bandcamp let me know, I'd be mighty curious!
“Open Circle Party” is an example of a 5.1 release available for download from Bandcamp.

“Open Circle Party” is an example of a 5.1 release available for download from Bandcamp.
That's really cool - I wish more artists who have done surround/atmos mixes seemingly exclusive to Apple Music would do this too! Thanks for the heads up.

Also - new single out today with Ian Anderson providing the flute:

Back