Modern AVRs Combining 7.1-Ch. Analog Input w/Room Correction?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was assuming the HDMI would just work into my new AVR31 (when it arrives) but you're right to raise the spectre of it not. One more thing to worry about. I only have two HDMI sources at present, an Oppo 95 and a pair of Humax HDR Fox T2 digital terrestrial TV PVRs. These work fine into my 2014 era Sony TV. I also have a Roku 4 but I don't care if that doesn't work with HDMI since BBC iPlayer never worked on it anyway.
Sal is correct. Generally it all does. What I have had to do for my (old) Oppo is set the EDID for HDMI 1.4 compatiblity. Add to that I have a 2 K TV off the AVR, and a 4K monitor off the graphics card. Sometimes nothing makes sense and you just keep working with it until it does.
Nothing insurmountable, and HDMI is generally just fine.
I'm just "lucky". lol. If it can mess up, well, Murphy is always looking at me with his laws.

Are they affiliated with other SafeandSound stores? I bought my RZ50 from SafeandSound in NYC. Other than that I know nothing much about them, all was transacted online.
BTW, hope you'll be happy with your new purchase!!
HI Mandrix-
I don't believe they are. The SafeandSoundHQ store is an independent shop out of Chicopee Ma. They seem to do pretty well shipping everywhere through their www presence.

I purchased my "home office" setup from them a couple of years ago.

As for the X4800 purchase- initial reaction is it is fantastic, and a huge upgrade from my Yamaha RX-A1030. Its much easier to do everything with one exception. When surfing my Music Server drive, I have 800 titles in Hi-Rez to go through. On the Yamaha interface, I could search with my remote a line at a time, a page of 10 titles at a time, or skip 10 pages at a time. I do not have that ability on the Denon. However- using the HEOS App on my phone- I can at least swipe and scroll fairly quickly. I'm was not one to want to use a TV Screen, or my phone as an App, and HEOS leaves a lot to be desired - but on my Denon Streamer in my office- I got quickly used to using HEOS on my phone instead of the Denon remote. I would kill the remote quickly if I needed to scroll through 800 titles a button press at a time with the remote!

Chris

Back