Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to extract the Atmos mlp from an MKV using MMH. This would save me the step of extraxcting tracks to MKA, then using MKVCleaver to get the mlp. However, MMH has the thd and mlp file extensions mixed up and can't tag and rename because it's looking for thd files (even though they are the same as mlp but with the different extension).

I usually have to rename the thd that I extract using MKVCleaver to mlp.

Here's a screenshot. I extracted to MLP, but the app thinks the files are still thd.

View attachment 87054
MMH doesn't support that type of MLP. I asked about it earlier in this thread.

MMH doesn't support that type of MLP. I asked about it earlier in this thread.
Perhaps there is a misunderstanding. I'm just trying to extract the MLP that is extracted using the same tool that MMH uses, with MKVcleaver. No encoder is necessary. I extract the MLP, then I can play it in the Dolby Reference Player to get full Atmos.

MKVcleaver extracts the audio as .truehd and I just rename the files .mlp and it's perfect. MMH should be able to extract the same MLP from the same MKV file.

Perhaps there is a misunderstanding. I'm just trying to extract the MLP that is extracted using the same tool that MMH uses, with MKVcleaver. No encoder is necessary. I extract the MLP, then I can play it in the Dolby Reference Player to get full Atmos.

MKVcleaver extracts the audio as .truehd and I just rename the files .mlp and it's perfect. MMH should be able to extract the same MLP from the same MKV file.
Did you find and read my post about it specifically in this thread?

Music Media Helper 6.3.11 Released:

Version 6.3.11 (January 6 2023)
-------------
New:
Extract Audio from MKV tool: Added new Find & Replace command (search & replace text in grid tags)
Split & Rename Concerts tool: Added new Find & Replace command (search & replace text in grid tags)
Tag & Rename tool: Added new Find & Replace command (search & replace text in grid tags)

Fixes:
Extract Audio from MKV tool: Extract to mlp does not load correct file names to grid - fixed

Changes:
Updated 3rd party UI controls to latest
Updated MediaInfo to 22.12
Updated MKVToolnix to 73.0

Direct link to latest installer:
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh/MMHInstaller.msi

I'm trying to extract the Atmos mlp from an MKV using MMH. This would save me the step of extraxcting tracks to MKA, then using MKVCleaver to get the mlp. However, MMH has the thd and mlp file extensions mixed up and can't tag and rename because it's looking for thd files (even though they are the same as mlp but with the different extension)

Fixed in latest MMH release today.

Hi Garry,

Is there something different in tagging since some time? I'm always using offline tagging. "Extract Audio from MKV'
So I put in all titles via clipboard.
  1. Then I select all files
  2. Edit selected Tags
  3. Fill out album, artist, year, comment and genre.
  4. Add the folder.jpg by using the blue +
  5. Then I press "tag & rename".
  6. Save Cue
The files are renamed 01. Name01 ... etc., but they only contain in "Title". Nothing else. And no folder.jpg was added as artwork. I remember that in V4 or even V5 MMH added it automatically to the FLAC files when it was found in the folder. But adding it manually it does not work either.

The file name of the CUE file looks strange. But the content is ok.

To check and fine tuning the tags I use this: Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...)
Which I can really recommend. For FLAC, MP3, M4A ...

Attached you'll find some pictures to explain what I've written.

Best regards, Mike

PS: 6.3.10. I'll update later to 6.3.11. Thank you.

Attachments

• cuefile.zip
    417 bytes · Views: 0
  • mmh_20230107_01.jpg
    mmh_20230107_01.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 0
  • mmh_20230107_02.jpg
    mmh_20230107_02.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 0
  • mmh_20230107_03.jpg
    mmh_20230107_03.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 0
  • mmh_20230107_04.jpg
    mmh_20230107_04.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 0
  • mmh_20230107_05.jpg
    mmh_20230107_05.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 0
Unfortunately I have to say, that Tag & Rename is completely broken (Audio and Video Tools).
Copy & Paste from clipboard leads to having the first track not renamed and numbered with 00.
If I select all and edit the tags manually after Tag & Rename is completely messed up.

To which version I should go back? Probably I've some older versions of MMH stored.

To which version I should go back?

Tag & Rename was changed in version 6.3 You must select the rows to work with prior to running commands.

CTRL + A keys or the ‘Select All’ on the right of the album row will select all the rows, then edit the tags on right of with the toolbar commands.

I'm trying to rip audio from MKVs in its native format. Specifically, DTS files. I see you can't do that, I have to save audio in .mka first, then use other tools like tsmuxer to remove the .mka container. Can you please provide the option to rip the audio in its NATIVE format?

Welcome to QQ @spearse

I will add support to extract DTS-HDMA and DTS in next MMH release soon and will post you a link to a beta version with this added this weekend. (MMH’s ‘Extract Audio from MKV, MKA, M4A’ tool’

I have already added a new ‘MLP no split’ option to the next MMH release to extract TrueHD (including TrueHD based Atmos). When a TrueHD stream is split using either MKVMerge or ffmpeg the mlp stream in split files are not compatible with the Dolby Reference Player. They do play in Kodi, VLC, Foobar etc. This new option can be used for those wanting to play with DRP.

I’ll also check what’s involved in adding a generic ’Native’ output option.

Wow HomerJAU, you are an officer and a gentleman! That would answer my #1 use case for my entire surround music hobby. This would be replace all my various audio tools!

As far as I know, there isn't a "native" Atmos file format, correct? An Atmos file has metadata in addition to .truehd files? Somehow the .mka container references both?

As far as I know, there isn't a "native" Atmos file format, correct? An Atmos file has metadata in addition to .truehd files? Somehow the .mka container references both?
I think the key word here is container. Nothing changes when you switch containers. For Blu-ray discs, the format is always TrueHD. Streaming, Apple changes the output to allow their built in sounds on top of music (Dolby MAT).

I'm trying to rip audio from MKVs in its native format. Specifically, DTS files. I see you can't do that, I have to save audio in .mka first, then use other tools like tsmuxer to remove the .mka container. Can you please provide the option to rip the audio in its NATIVE format?

I gotta ask - why? Putting the DTS file in an M4A container (not MKA) gives the ability to properly tag and keeps the native file non-transcoded.

Back