MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What would you compare it to from other bluray concerts you have in sound quality, is it discreet or just fan noise in back?

It is more up-front sound with audience in the back and natural reverb sounds of drums.
But....this is a real immense experience to watch it.
Trust me...it is as big as Pink Floyd concerts in a modern way.

One if the best blu ray concerts, perhaps new my nr. 1 :)

I watched it over my beamer on a big screen. There is no better way!
A TV isn't big enough to fall into the show!
You took a bimmer to a drive-in. Are drive-ins common in Germany? Can't hardly find one in the USA anymore.

There are a handful of drive-in's left in the Chicago area. One of them is in McHenry, just south of the cheddar curtain. When they open next summer, they will have converted to digital. McHenry Outdoor opened in 1940. It is 93 miles from Mad City.

mchenry_outdoor2.jpg
McHenry_facebook-300x226.jpg

You took a bimmer to a drive-in. Are drive-ins common in Germany? Can't hardly find one in the USA anymore.

How is crossroads? Reviews I've read were mixed.
Can you compare to the other crossroad releases?
What is the best one?
I don't have one and want to buy eventually.

Running at almost 4 hours and 50 minutes, a viewing will take up most of an afternoon. I finally got the time to watch it from start to finish today. Recorded from two shows, April 12th & 13th, this year at Madison Square Garden. Crossroads (2013) The Eric Clapton Guitar Festival is IMO a rare treat! The soundstage is well placed across the front channels and has some instruments also in the rear channels but at a lower level, along with the usual audience and ambience. So I'd have to say that the mix is not as aggressive as the 2007 Festival, which has the 5.1 DTS mixed by Elliot Scheiner (still the best show as far as mix). However this edition is no slouch either. The sound in 24/48 5.1 DTS-HD MA and 24/48 2.0 PCM sounds wonderful, putting you in the best seats in the house front and center.

My favorite scenes were;

Time Is Tight - Booker T. with Steve Cropper
Great Big Old House - The Robert Cray Band
Cry - Doyle Bramhall II with Alice Smith
This Time - Earl Klugh
Whipping Post - The Allman Brothers Band
Don’t Worry Baby - Los Lobos
The Needle And The Damage Done” - Gregg Allman, Warren Haynes & Derek Trucks
Diving Duck Blues - Taj Mahal with Keb’ Mo’
Sunshine Of Your Love - Eric Clapton

The entire production was top notch. The two disc set is well worth the $19.99 I paid Amazon. I think these Crossroads concerts keep getting better as they go. I keep telling myself that I will try to get tickets to one of these someday. Perhaps in 2016.

I think this title is excellent!

Dennis

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-Madison-Square-Garden-BD-Nov-19-release-date

Running at almost 4 hours and 50 minutes, a viewing will take up most of an afternoon. I finally got the time to watch it from start to finish today. Recorded from two shows, April 12th & 13th, this year at Madison Square Garden. Crossroads (2013) The Eric Clapton Guitar Festival is IMO a rare treat! The soundstage is well placed across the front channels and has some instruments also in the rear channels but at a lower level, along with the usual audience and ambience. So I'd have to say that the mix is not as aggressive as the 2007 Festival, which has the 5.1 DTS mixed by Elliot Scheiner (still the best show as far as mix). However this edition is no slouch either. The sound in 24/48 5.1 DTS-HD MA and 24/48 2.0 PCM sounds wonderful, putting you in the best seats in the house front and center.

My favorite scenes were;

Time Is Tight - Booker T. with Steve Cropper
Great Big Old House - The Robert Cray Band
Cry - Doyle Bramhall II with Alice Smith
This Time - Earl Klugh
Whipping Post - The Allman Brothers Band
Don’t Worry Baby - Los Lobos
The Needle And The Damage Done” - Gregg Allman, Warren Haynes & Derek Trucks
Diving Duck Blues - Taj Mahal with Keb’ Mo’
Sunshine Of Your Love - Eric Clapton

The entire production was top notch. The two disc set is well worth the $19.99 I paid Amazon. I think these Crossroads concerts keep getting better as they go. I keep telling myself that I will try to get tickets to one of these someday. Perhaps in 2016.

I think this title is excellent!

Dennis

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-Madison-Square-Garden-BD-Nov-19-release-date

Couldn't agree with you more Dennis! Well said.

The Beatles - Yellow Submarine

I would have liked to have to Songtrack availbale in the BluRay :( I thought it would have been great as the BD has enough space for it. The mixes are very good, but I will probably never watch this again as it is kinda boring for me (and my kids got scared with the Blue Meanies...specially the Bulldog)

Peter Gabriel - Live in Athens 1987 - purchased mainly for the bonus Play The Videos DVD.... It's good to get a proper copy of this...

Back