MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beck - Sea Change - Blu-ray
Eric Clapton - Give Me Strength - Blu-ray

Breakfast in America - Supertramp
uniba42998.jpg
Kippers for breakfast!

Big Band Bossa Nova - Q
2206cce229f133ee1c496a52a066090b.jpg

Santa was good to me.
11114992083_a4a3885a35_m.jpg
HFPA is the official Smurf format.

Led Zeppelin Celebration Day--so far it is very good but I must admit I am biased. I have Tom Petty Damn The Torpedoes and Beck Sea Change on the way. Damn is an old cassette favorite and I had a moral obligation to buy it in hi rez surround. Sea Change seems like the disc all the kool kids own, so I HAD to get it and BDA was by far the cheapest and it has great reviews so far. Zeppelin is the first BDA I have purchased and I am not disappointed.

This Holiday Season , the stuff came LATE!, and I had ordered them WEEKS ago (still waiting for the Goldfrapp and the EC box sets to arrive!!! Plus a box from yamazon .com...)

Got 3 BD Concerts and have been able to watch 1 and a half.
71sI-5WKBGL._SL1024_.jpg
-SAGA-"Spin it again.Live in Munich". Been a fan since the late 70's, saw them in ...81(?) right before their "big" break ("On the Loose"/"Wind him Up"), and I must say , thay are as good or better now than when I saw them - the drummer is way better- Michael Sadler's voice is THE SAME after 35 years. Great concert, mostly oldies with a couple of great songs from their latest "20/20" (highly recommendable). As is "Industry standard", the Surround mix (DTS) is ambience only in the rears and you are better off listening to the "Dolby" which is basically 2.0, if you want to hear separation.
NOTE: CAREFUL AND TURN DOWN THE VOLUME WHEN YOU INSERT THE DISC!!!! The Menu music is RIDICULOUSLY LOOOUUUUUUDDDD!!!!
Also, it's a warts and all show-no cheating. I always thought their guitar player, Ian Crichton (who looks like a shorter Mark Hamill/Luke Skywalker now) was an unsung guitar hero-one of the greats- and so is Jim Gilmour, the keyboard player, another great. Get this and support a great band who are not "riding the wave" commercially but are still on top of their game.

71AmduzukpL._SL1024_.jpg
RUSH"Clockwork Angels Tour"
OK , another Canadian group, eh?..this time around, since I skipped the "Snakes and arrows" DVD/BD, I was AGHAST to find the Gary has lost his voice , which makes for very PAINFUL watching (man, just call it quits...!!!!) The show is top notch , as always- even the 5.1 is not that bad-Gtr in the rears but a somehow dissapearing drumkit (really low on the mix). Played a lot of old stuff (especially from "Signals" which is the tour I say in Philly), with a string section in the second half.
The "Back from Intermission" film is just not funny and way too long.
My recommendation, buy the R30 or Live in Rio for "modern Rush live" back when the singer still had a voice.

The other one is the PG in Athens, for which I'm not holding my breath...although that was the 1st time I saw him live, but I'm not looking forward to hearing him in the studio dubbing his live parts. I swear, the show I saw would have made a PERFECT recording-even the one I saw in 2003, that's why I don't get his obsession of rerecording his live shows.."Secret World Live...In the Studio" anyone????

I've been listening to Van Morrison's Moondance BD from the Deluxe boxset over the last couple of weeks. Still have not got around to the CDs :)

I've been listening to Van Morrison's Moondance BD from the Deluxe boxset over the last couple of weeks. Still have not got around to the CDs :)

The cd is the same album and the rest are out takes and different versions-very tiring to listen.
The 5.1 is great, but enough is enough already! kind of a rip-off, I sold my cd for $20.00 so I paid less for the disc I wanted that was the 5.1.

My good lady bought me the BD edition of Styx "The Grand Illusion and Pieces of Eight Live" and I'm really enjoying it. Superb live performance of both albums.

Back