MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This beauty just arrived. Very much looking forward to reliving the experience. And this is much bigger than I thought. I was expecting a standard Blu Ray sized box with small book but this thing is approximately 11" square! And a proper bargain at a smidge over £20 via Amazon Pre Order! :) One happy bunny here ;)

Peter Gabriel - Back To Front - Live in London: Blu Ray Deluxe Edition
View attachment 14606

had it in my BD-Player yesterday ---this is great in visual and surround

Sabaton Swedish Empire Live. 2 disc set with only one having a 5.1 mix. Great performances. The sound is not great. There's no clarity in any instrument. Nuclear Blast use sh**ty engineers! The crowd on the Woodstock disc is too prominent at the fronts with next to nothing in rears, stupid mixing.

Iced Earth Live in Ancient Kourion. Fantastic performance by the band and singer! Great music, bad mix again. The lead guitar is on the right side, with left being rhythm. This would be fine if the balance was right. The lead guitar sounds anemic and is often heard only faintly in the distance. It is at least 2db too quiet. The rears are very quite but if you turn them up they have guitars, like fronts with some ambiance, crowd. Unfortunately Jon Schaffer guitar is way too dominant, sounds great on it's own but with the lead guitar on opposite speaker being so low creates a poor balance.

Very annoying!!!!!!!!!!!! Great music with poor mixes.

Last edited:
Can people please post a a summary of thoughts regarding the Blu Rays they mention? I would appreciate some feedback, as a collector, cheers.

Muse - Live At Rome Olympic Stadium (Blu-Ray/CD)

915ueVXLJeL._SL1500_.jpg

fantastic concert also the mix in surround is very good (could not use the full volume with respect to my neighbors)

I watched part of the Peter Gabriel concert video "Back To Front" last night. Actually, I watched up to the song "Sledgehammer". It got real late and had to shut it off. I found it had poor audio quality as found on the "New Blood" BD. Also, I had to keep reaching for the remote to turn the volume up or down.:xp:

The Beatles...A Hard Days Night .2014 blu ray Criterion

this was quite a treat for me...first time seeing it! shocking yes. PQ is stunning..AQ is excellent...i loved the movie and how it was mixed.

a-ha-Ending on a High Note-The Final Concert I was not a huge a-ha fan but liked several of their songs and this concert was entertaining.It was nice to see a band finish their run in front of their home crowd.

On another note, I was shocked to see one of my favorite blu ray concerts on sale today on amazon for a very cheap price of $9.71. It is Jeff Beck at Ronnie Scot'ts HERE

I watched part of the Peter Gabriel concert video "Back To Front" last night. Actually, I watched up to the song "Sledgehammer". It got real late and had to shut it off. I found it had poor audio quality as found on the "New Blood" BD. Also, I had to keep reaching for the remote to turn the volume up or down.

Yesterday, I was on Amazon reading the reviews for this disc and was surprised to find most of the people feel the audio quality is great. I can't figure this one out other than it must be with my ears and my system that I found it lacking. It's not that it was terrible but the up & down volume was irritating.

The Who - Quadrophenia (BDA)
Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (BDA)
Gotta love Sound City Beaches/Internet - helped me to kickstart my surround collection, too!

The Who - Quadrophenia

Dropped yesterday finally ordered it when i could get it for the price of the CD (its not my favorite Who album), its still unopened and in the queue behind some other quality surround Jethro Tull for instance.

Back