MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheWho_QuadroLiveInLondon_BD.jpeg
dvd-quadrophenia-inside-6201.jpg

First view...As of others have remarked, too much video footage of WW II, Roger and Pete. These "artistic" choices take away from the performances of the backing musicians and the band as a whole...Drummer does an excellent job...Roger looked winded at times in the first half. The second half seems to be a different story. Much less concert back drop screen video. Roger and Pete really warm up and hit their stride and kick ass! "Love Reign O'er Me" will bring a tear to your eye...They still got it goin' on! (y)

Last edited:
CSNY 1974 - watched the DVD and cherry picked a few Blu Ray stereo tracks- very promising. Thank you Graham Nash for your hard work!

From QQ deep space

CSNY 1974 - watched the DVD and cherry picked a few Blu Ray stereo tracks- very promising. Thank you Graham Nash for your hard work!

From QQ deep space

"Guinevere" is particularly breathtaking....I also dropped everything to give my undivided attention to "Old Man"...

Me too! Watched all of the DVD and listened to all of the Blu-ray today. Loved, "Black Queen", "Word Game", "Pre-Road Downs" and many others.
I started with my new stereo discs first. Moving on to Bob Marley, and then Quadrophenia in 5.1. Its been a great weekend for music!

Me too! Watched all of the DVD and listened to all of the Blu-ray today. Loved, "Black Queen", "Word Game", "Pre-Road Downs" and many others.
I started with my new stereo discs first. Moving on to Bob Marley, and then Quadrophenia in 5.1. Its been a great weekend for music!

i echo that statement :wave

Arrived today. Talking Heads - "Stop Making Sense"

I viewed this only one time, a long time ago, when it first came out. I think it was on, VHS tape.

View attachment 14841

The VHS sounded great! Dubbed a cassette for the car and was a reference way back in the day. Of course the bluray was an instant purchase (dvd too)...

Bob Marley - Legend (as good as everyone is saying it is)
Sex Pistols - Never Mind the Bollocks (only stereo, but sounds great)
Marillion - A Sunday Night Above The Rain - 3 blu ray set. (the studio 5.1 hasn't grabbed me yet, but I need to give it more listens. The 2 live blu rays are amazing. Great sound, and absolutely stunning performances from an awesome live band. I'm so glad that l bought this, as I was undecided before).

And those, along with my other recent purchases (including Division Bell, Quadrophenia and A Passion Play) show a varied music taste my friends :smokin

Neil Young Journeys Blu-ray

a Jonathan Demme production (nephew Ted Demme "Blow")

It's a DTS-HD MA 5.1 of 90% concert footage (Massey Hall) and 10% driving back to Canada.

It didn't show up on a search here??

"4 Dead in Ohio, 4 Dead in Ohio, 4 Dead in Ohio"

Last edited:
The Who - Quadrophenia
Deep Purple - Made In Japan (great one, though no surround)
Beyoncé - Visual Album (not my cup of tea)
Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Rock Candy Funk Party - Takes New York - Live At The Iridium
Soundgarden - Superunknown

Neil Young Journeys Blu-ray

a Jonathan Demme production (nephew Ted Demme "Blow")

It's a DTS-HD MA 5.1 of 90% concert footage (Massey Hall) and 10% driving back to Canada.

It didn't show up on a search here??

"4 Dead in Ohio, 4 Dead in Ohio, 4 Dead in Ohio"

Hey Hey...My My... !

Back