MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RUSH- SIGNALS!!!!
137295_large.jpg

and the AIX Records Audio Calibration Disc
oppo_sampler_bd_cvr.jpg

I love that disc...you don't have to like that genre of music to like this disc...and nice thumb shot too(y)

Must be using some kind of skin conditioner, nice Thumb skin!! :banana: Snood still have to listen to Hawkwind toooooooooooooo

Clint take a cold shower will ya............matter fact Snood will toooooooo :mad:@:

Three new Blu-Rays purchased today at Grimey's in Nashville:

-Katatonia "Sanctitude"
-Genesis "Three Sides Live"
-R.E.M. By MTV

Will report on all of them when I get the chance.

Finishing up my first full run-through of the Genesis "Three Sides Live" Blu-Ray.

A big draw for Genesis fans to this particular Blu-Ray release will be the 7 bonus audio tracks included in surround, including tracks like "One for the Vine" and "The Fountain of Salmacis".

Next up will probably be "Sanctitude" by Katatonia. I really look forward to seeing and hearing what this one will be like! :)

Finishing up my first full run-through of the Genesis "Three Sides Live" Blu-Ray.

A big draw for Genesis fans to this particular Blu-Ray release will be the 7 bonus audio tracks included in surround, including tracks like "One for the Vine" and "The Fountain of Salmacis".

Next up will probably be "Sanctitude" by Katatonia. I really look forward to seeing and hearing what this one will be like! :)

This was taken from the original 16mm film....I've seen favorable reviews on the video(better than the VHS version)considering the age and source...mixed opinions on the audio....in your opinion...is this worth getting?

This was taken from the original 16mm film....I've seen favorable reviews on the video(better than the VHS version)considering the age and source...mixed opinions on the audio....in your opinion...is this worth getting?

Yes, if you can get it for its current amazon price ($13.39) or lower.
Overall, I think the audio mix and fidelity is really quite good. The only moment where it disappoints is during the In the Cage Medley/Afterglow, but that's because the multitrack tapes weren't available, so they had to do an upmix for those.
The mix probably won't 'blow you away', but it is discrete, and it does its job well for a live performance film.

Oh man! People Gotta Move Gino!! :spot

That concert performance has gotten positive reviews.

How's the surround mix? Are the rear channels active musically with discrete parts?

Or... only sounds of the audience?

Here's a recent interview... http://sonorecordinggroup.com/gino-vannelli-live-in-la-worldwide-release-aug-28th/

I thought the concert was very well done. Video is pristine and the audio is...umm, okay. All we have here is stereo and DD 5.1 unfortunately. I heard minimal sound coming from the surrounds and actually prefered stereo. The two channel is very good however, but if your heart is set on a nice surround mix you may not be happy with it. Band is great btw, and Gino's voice never misses a beat. Still a great concert and glad to have it in my collection. As always, YMMV ;)

View attachment 21501

How about those thumb and pinky fingers, huh?

;)

Oh Crap missed this Thumb shot..........must hide thumb shot portfolio - pllllllllllllllllease don't get Snood started on Pinkies!!!!!

Dear Secret Snood Thumb Diary,

Thumb looks well manicured and very flexible maybe a lil joint misplacement to the left.........Snood likey flexy :banana:

Waaaaaaaaait that was meant for Snood Diary :yikes

I can't believe I bought this, but Gentle Giant finally got hold of me! Looking forward to another "channel reassignment" project:)
image.jpg

Sorry, wrong thread... GG makes me crazy!:mad:@:

I can't believe I bought this, but Gentle Giant finally got hold of me! Looking forward to another "channel reassignment" project:)
View attachment 21504

Sorry, wrong thread... GG makes me crazy!:mad:@:

Btw you made me just order this on the thumbnail shot alone............With that Thumbnail shot alone, it could have been the Backstreet Boys and Snood would have ordered it..........:banana:

Reminds me of Lil Red Riding Hood............Oh My, what big cuticles you have :yikes
:mad:@:

Somebody help Snoooooooood :friday:

Back