MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Btw you made me just order this on the thumbnail shot alone............With that Thumbnail shot alone, it could have been the Backstreet Boys and Snood would have ordered it..........:banana:

Reminds me of Lil Red Riding Hood............Oh My, what big cuticles you have :yikes
:mad:@:

Somebody help Snoooooooood :friday:

If you like that, you should see my Big Toe!:mad:@:

If you like that, you should see my Big Toe!:mad:@:

Ummm yeah, not sure we supposed to talk about the feet on QQ unless they in 5..1 :p

PM Snood pics OK??

Snooooooooooooooooooooooood is kiidddding everybody...............Snood not into feet or big toes pfffffffft

Pm me 5.1 surround shots :rolleyes: of toes Skerback shhhhhhhh lol :ugham::ugham::p

Pleaaaaase don't ban Snood :worthy

image.jpg

image.jpg

Anton Bruckner :

Symphony No. 4 in E flat major, WAB 104 “Romantic“ (original 1874 version),
Symphony No. 7 in E major, WAB 107,
Symphony No. 8 in C minor, WAB 108 (original 1887 version)

Bavarian State Orchestra
Kent Nagano (conductor)

New today. Jeff Lynne: Live In Hyde Park on blu. I hear the interview is worth seeing, haven't got that far yet. Part way into the concert now, video is absolutely stunning for a concert. Audio is pathetic, to put it mildly. LPCM stereo is the only codec, there are no options. Mix is lacking sorely in highs with muddy non descript bass. I'm only 5 songs in but the chances things will improve are thin. Feels like a mid frequency mix with all the instruments trying to share that same space. But the video is SO good, what a shame the audio doesn't match. As always, YMMV ;)
Bill.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 139
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 138
New today. Jeff Lynne: Live In Hyde Park on blu. I hear the interview is worth seeing, haven't got that far yet. Part way into the concert now, video is absolutely stunning for a concert. Audio is pathetic, to put it mildly. LPCM stereo is the only codec, there are no options. Mix is lacking sorely in highs with muddy non descript bass. I'm only 5 songs in but the chances things will improve are thin. Feels like a mid frequency mix with all the instruments trying to share that same space. But the video is SO good, what a shame the audio doesn't match. As always, YMMV ;)
Bill.

It's only stereo?! Damn…well I'm definitely not purchasing it then, which is a shame cause I loved seeing it on Palladia this week.

Indeed, especially the Zoom Live DVD has such a spectacular surround mix on it! That DVD always use to be demo material for me in surround.

Makes you wonder if someone dropped the ball recording this. Eagle Rock is usually quite solid when it comes to blu ray concerts in surround...if available.

Makes you wonder if someone dropped the ball recording this. Eagle Rock is usually quite solid when it comes to blu ray concerts in surround...if available.

Isn't this the one Jeff Lynne especially wanted mixed specifically into stereo rather than surround,
so as to most faithfully recreate the concert experience in his estimation?

The artist always knows best.. :rolleyes:

Isn't this the one Jeff Lynne especially wanted mixed specifically into stereo rather than surround,
so as to most faithfully recreate the concert experience in his estimation?

The artist always knows best.. :rolleyes:

Yep.. didn't imagine it..

At the time, Lynne said that, if all went well, he would seriously consider a world tour but that hasn't transpired, so far. What he is moving forward with is a new DVD and Blu-Ray release of the Hyde Park show, promising to keep the sound true to that evening. "It’s important to me that viewers experience the Hyde Park show exactly as it was performed on the night…in stereo."

At the time, Lynne said that, if all went well, he would seriously consider a world tour but that hasn't transpired, so far. What he is moving forward with is a new DVD and Blu-Ray release of the Hyde Park show, promising to keep the sound true to that evening. "It’s important to me that viewers experience the Hyde Park show exactly as it was performed on the night…in stereo."

Thanks Fred...True to that evening? Hmmm, as I watch the crowd, they seemed to be getting a lot more enjoyment from the sound than I got..:rolleyes:

Joe Bonamassa - Tour de Force live at the Royal Albert Hall on blu ray.

As at the time of posting this, it is only a fiver (£4.85 to be exact) at Amazon UK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe Bonamassa - Tour de Force live at the Royal Albert Hall on blu ray.

As at the time of posting this, it is only a fiver (£4.85 to be exact) at Amazon UK

Well I guess a few of us bought it as its back to normal price now !!

WTF? Stereo is a studio gimmick. Nobody hears in stereo.

All of the percussion and bass lines are decoded by my left ear, lead guitar and keyboards go to the right ear :mad:@: Oh Jeff, you silly man!!

The Who-Live at Shea Stadium 1982

flashback to the biggest concert I'll ever see : JFK Stadium Sept 25 1982...80,000 + people!!!! (Santna , The Clash, and THE WHO)

The BD is from a couple of weeks after that....

The mix is ...bland...BUT, alas, the Ox's sound is the best one captured EVER , be it live or studio ..and his playing is STELLAR!!!!!...and you CAN hear him clearly, he's not buried in the mix...

Back