Music streaming on Apple Music in 5.1 (Dolby Audio)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm - Pup is frowning.
No worries here, I'll just flip the script a little...

Hey you young Surround freaks out there; (& you older freaks should know better!) you could listen to this, or buy a respectable Universal player that includes SACD Multi-channel and listen to the exquisite, most luxurious sound from a master mastering engineer... like Michael J. Dutton (with double the bang for your lovely uninitiated buck!) And here it is -Rated Extraordinaire, just waiting to be grooved on by your most intelligent ears to gasm on! And you'll never have to worry about some giant corporation yanking it out of your miserable low streaming flow ta boot.

https://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=CDSML8545
STOP THE CLOG.jpg

Check.

Still, Windows has supported Atmos playback (via HDMI) for a couple of years now. For instance: with Kodi, VLC, Windows TV and Movies, and a few other media players, I can play Atmos mp4 or mkv files over a Windows laptop connected to my AVR.

I guess the question now is whether Apple will ever support Atmos playback on a non-Apple device. It's great that they've belatedly added MacBooks to their list of supported devices. But when I can use iTunes to stream Atmos files from my Apple Music account directly to my AVR, bypassing the ATV4K altogether, I'll be really happy.

Arrrgh! I have been pulling my hair out for the last 2 days trying to figure out why I can't get Atmos/surround from Apple Music.
I have my PC connected to my Atmos capable AVR via HDMI. I have "Atmos" enabled in output options to AVR.
Thanks. This explains it. Too bad. When my free trial expires there's no reason to carry on.

Arrrgh! I have been pulling my hair out for the last 2 days trying to figure out why I can't get Atmos/surround from Apple Music.
I have my PC connected to my Atmos capable AVR via HDMI. I have "Atmos" enabled in output options to AVR.
Thanks. This explains it. Too bad. When my free trial expires there's no reason to carry on.

For now, the easiest solution is to get an Apple TV 4K. (Sometimes they can be found used for under $100.)

As I understand it, you can't get Atmos using your PC. I'd be all over this if they let us access it with my pc. They want you to buy their Apple 4k TV product.

And this thread isn't about Atmos anyway. Or about Apple Music technical support. It's about the music. Specifically about the music on Apple Music that we can stream in 5.1. Let's talk about the music!

Back