Music To Freak Your Friends And Break Your Lease - Real Gone Vinyl Reissue 2023

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard A

Since this album only ever came out in Quad does anyone know if the Real Gone 2023 reissue of this bizarre Rod McKuen electronic album is SQ encoded?

My guess would be yes. But if it has been remixed no, however my experience is "why would they bother" with a remix for stereo . SQ is stereo compatible.
I saw the same thing on Real Gone Records.
Slightly disappointed they have not released a cd of this Single Inventory SQ Stanyan album , which I used to have . So I'm waiting , patiently.
BTW I wasn't aware the electronics are by Rod McKuen , that is , until I read those notes on this re-issue.

Also I believe there are a couple (maybe 2) Black Jazz QS albums on sale.
Vinyl and cds.

My guess would be yes. But if it has been remixed no, however my experience is "why would they bother" with a remix for stereo . SQ is stereo compatible.
I saw the same thing on Real Gone Records.
Slightly disappointed they have not released a cd of this Single Inventory SQ Stanyan album , which I used to have . So I'm waiting , patiently.
BTW I wasn't aware the electronics are by Rod McKuen , that is , until I read those notes on this re-issue.
I have a copy due to arrive tomorrow so will report back!

It means that it was never available in stereo. All copies were SQ encoded/Stereo
Sorry what is a 'single inventory' album?

Just to elaborate for any quad newbie...The Record Stores during the quad years carried two kinds of quad albums, "Dual Inventory" which meant a quad and separate stereo copy was issued....and "Single Inventory" which meant all copies were quad.This was mainly practiced through Record Companies that made quad matrix (SQ , QS , EV-4) Record albums which included vinyl records ,8tracks-stereo , and cassettes .

I wanted the Seaglass with Black Swirl but it's sold out. Actually I still have the original LP but haven't played it much.

I would pretty much guarantee that it is still SQ encoded.

They actually warn you that they may be a little noisier than a regular LP and you can only buy one copy!

They actually warn you that they may be a little noisier than a regular LP and you can only buy one copy!
The noisy one was the glow in the dark version. I have The Zodiac Cosmic Sounds LP on glow in the dark vinyl which was a record store day release a few years ago and it is very noisy. Whatever they put in it to make it glow adds a lot of background noise. It sounds like a 78.

Back