New Alan Parsons in surround! "The Secret" out in April

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry but not impressed:(

I was somewhat impressed by Alan Parson's new take [very Tomita~like] of Modest Mussorgsky's Sorcerer's Apprentice on "The Secret".

This is only a 30 second MP3 Snippet from Amazon ..... but you get the gist [the complete track runs 5:44]: https://www.amazon.com/The-Sorcerers-Apprentice/dp/B07NBX553C/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=Alan+Parsons:+The+Secret&qid=1551162530&s=music&sr=1-4-catcorr

I'm convinced that since The Secret was conceived for 5.1 surround, Alan Parsons will do a yeoman's mix which may well elevate the album to a higher level. Things do go better in SURROUND.😇

Last edited:
For sure. If you like AP and don't have this yet, you need to get it. It is excellent.

Amusing review of it on Amazon:

What I did not like was the way the engineer mixed the audio. An instrument that should have come out of the right speaker, instead, came out of the right surround speaker. That kind of nonsense occurred all through the performance.

One man's nonsense..... LOL.

:51QQ

Well, for the adventurous (apparently I am), if you do a little detective work, even though Bull Moose lists 2 entries, both as CD at $13.97 each......
One of the entries is a direct match in terms of the UPC code with another site that calls it CD+DVD.

So, I went ahead and pre-ordered from Moose at $13.97 (Total $16.96 with shipping)
Once they get things better organized, we'll see if I ordered the right one. lmao

I think you were right because now amazon US has it at the full retail price..and the Moose might not have many at that price so an order now is wise....

Wow this is an automatic buy for me, great news! We don’t know whether it’s dvd-a or dvd-v? I might come off a bit weird saying this, but I think the cover is stunning.

Last edited:
Well, for the adventurous (apparently I am), if you do a little detective work, even though Bull Moose lists 2 entries, both as CD at $13.97 each......
One of the entries is a direct match in terms of the UPC code with another site that calls it CD+DVD.

So, I went ahead and pre-ordered from Moose at $13.97 (Total $16.96 with shipping)
Once they get things better organized, we'll see if I ordered the right one. lmao

Apparently you are right again young avatar switcheroo; I emailed Bull Moose and asked about this and they replied that YES it does indeed include a DVD-A🆒 Need to get my order in ASAP!!!

Back