New David Gilmour record Luck and Strange Sept. 6 2024 (Atmos BluRay)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Yes I Have Ghosts" it's a song by Gilmour.
OK, I had to go all detective like and look up the set list of L&S
The one "song" Yes I Have Ghosts is one of the "bonus" tracks on L&S
But I knew there wasn't ever a multhch BD of the "album" Yes I Have Ghosts.
Why do we have to talk in riddles? :(

With lyrics by Polly "we bitch and we fight" Samson and a producer who questions why there are guitar solos (and "graphic design is my passion"-level album art) I'm definitely keeping my money in my wallet until people have given the album a listen.
OMG that is such a bad line from Polly for the concluding song for Floyd and I was very surprised that the cover design was by Anton Corbijn. However, I have pre-ordered to enjoy whatever guitar solos are left after the cull. ;)

Probably still wait. As much as I love most older Floyd work, I've not been that keen on most of the members solo work. It's been interesting to listen to, but I haven't found myself wanting to revisit it, or listen to it over again as I do with the complete bands work. That's just me.
A shame you can't appreciate Davids sole work, I found everything he's ever done magic.
The late studio albums On An Island, Rattle That Lock and Ghosts have probably seen as many hours of play since their release as any of the earlier work.
That's Just Me ;)

OK, I had to go all detective like and look up the set list of L&S
The one "song" Yes I Have Ghosts is one of the "bonus" tracks on L&S
But I knew there wasn't ever a multhch BD of the "album" Yes I Have Ghosts.
Why do we have to talk in riddles? :(
I know nothing of a BD or album of what I know of to be a single song released I think during the pandemic.
You are the one that brought up a BD of which, not me. I'm just stating facts as I know them, you old grunt. ;)

It's an EP . 4 tracks

1714093303217.png

A shame you can't appreciate Davids sole work, I found everything he's ever done magic.
The late studio albums On An Island, Rattle That Lock and Ghosts have probably seen as many hours of play since their release as any of the earlier work.
That's Just Me ;)
Honestly, it's been decades since I've listened to any of his solo work, perhaps it's time to revisit it.

Honestly, it's been decades since I've listened to any of his solo work, perhaps it's time to revisit it.

I like On an Island a little bit more than Rattle that Lock, but both are very solid to me and get regular listens. I wish On an Island would get an Atmos BD, the only multichannel copy I have is the DTS 5.1 from the Gdansk set.

As far as comments on Samson's lyrics, Louder than Words certainly isn't what I would judge the collaboration by. That would be like me judging The Beatles by how I feel about Honey Pie or Revolution #9.

So much in that first song that can be used in a surround/Atmos mix; acoustic guitar of course, some kind of maybe synth marimba?, some slide guitar, the choir in that expansive church, the crunchy guitar chording and solo later on... I may really like this album, and yes his vocals are in fine form. And a great looking old Gold Top LP with a Bigsby style whammy bar!

Back