New Dolby Atmos BluRay discs from Rhino

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Days

And no further payments required ;)
View attachment 104270
I'm still waiting:( I found, by putting my tracking number into several companies tracking until I got a hit, (not USPS or UPS as previous orders) that DHL has it, the tracking tells me that on the 9th the package was in Los Angeles California, no updates after that, it seems that yours must have gone a different route.

I'm still waiting:( I found, by putting my tracking number into several companies tracking until I got a hit, (not USPS or UPS as previous orders) that DHL has it, the tracking tells me that on the 9th the package was in Los Angeles California, no updates after that, it seems that yours must have gone a different route.
I tracked mine to DHL too...then the trail went cold and then it just turned up...but without any references to where it came from....😉

Yesterday I received "Jagged Little Pill" and "Cracked Rear View". Although advertised as "PCM 24/96 High Resolution Stereo mixes" on the product page, the Blu-ray of "Jagged Little Pill" only seems to contain a stereo mix in DTS 24/48 in addition to the Atmos version (48kHz, 24bit, 7.1). Seems a little weak, especially compared Rhino's fantastic Quadio releases in 24/192. Does anyone know the reason for this?

Yesterday I received "Jagged Little Pill" and "Cracked Rear View". Although advertised as "PCM 24/96 High Resolution Stereo mixes" on the product page, the Blu-ray of "Jagged Little Pill" only seems to contain a stereo mix in DTS 24/48 in addition to the Atmos version (48kHz, 24bit, 7.1). Seems a little weak, especially compared Rhino's fantastic Quadio releases in 24/192. Does anyone know the reason for this?
'ironic'

The album was digitally recorded on the original 1991 black face ADATs from Alesis, which could not offer the sample rates and higher resolution we have now. You're still getting a great sounding mix.

This article from High Fidelity magazine explains the recording process for the album.

https://highfidelity.pl/@main-1075&lang=en

Last edited:
As the stereo mix is also new, it's likely that both mixes were done at the same time by the same engineer/team in the same resolution.

Back