New Goldfrapp "Supernature" SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From play.com - there are a sacd and a cd version w/DVD

Goldfrapp - Supernature (Limited Edition SACD With Bonus DVD)
In stock.
Usually dispatched within 24 hours.

our price: £14.99 Free Delivery
RRP: £18.99 You save: £4.00 (21%)

New & Used from £8.00 (What’s this?)

Goldfrapp - Supernature (CD & DVD)
Available New & Used from £17.05 (What’s this?)

1 New from £17.05 »

I'm interested in hearing a little bit more from people on the discreteness of the mix. I noticed a couple of people over at sa-cd.net said the surround sound mix was "mainly mono sludge" with the rears simply echoing the fronts.

Care to agree or disagree with that assessment? This is an expensive set to experiment with, especially considering US to UK conversion rates (n)

Thanks!
Josh

Where can I buy this now? Amazon & CD Universe list it with the DVD, but no mention of SACD.

The US release was DVD with DTS only, no SACD. I'd be careful if you really want the SACD. For the price the DVD may be the better buy for people stuck with US dollars.

I'd suggest watching CD WOW as this title appears there periodically, usually on the UK site.
I paid £9.99 IIRC

(It's not there now BTW)

I'm interested in hearing a little bit more from people on the discreteness of the mix. I noticed a couple of people over at sa-cd.net said the surround sound mix was "mainly mono sludge" with the rears simply echoing the fronts.

Care to agree or disagree with that assessment? This is an expensive set to experiment with, especially considering US to UK conversion rates (n)

Thanks!
Josh

i have the dts-dd version, and i'd agree with that assessment. the rears are very heavy, but not discreet. it's too bad because the music lends itself pretty nicely to what could have been a cool surround mix.

Back