New live Loggins & Messina DVD on 11/15

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bear

Last edited:
The new Live Loggins & Messina,"Sittin' in Again at the Santa Barbara Bowl" is out and I picked it up after work. If you remotely like them, rush out and buy this puppy. Some of the video shots are cheesey and there are a few 'feel good' sing along parts, but in all, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I actually think they sound better now than they did 30 years ago. There's even 6 songs at the end from a '73 Midnight Special show so you can decide. The DTS track is great. Not only is the audience in the rears but so are a lot of the instruments. Very similar to the new live Eagles DVD. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, the 5.1 surround mix is done by someone named Elliot Schneiner !The first part of the show is in the daylight and the second half is after sunset. Visually, it's better at night but I'm sure this will get played a lot without the TV turned on. All the hits are there. I especially liked Angry Eyes.

http://www.logginsandmessina.com/dvd_cdinfo.html

Barry

Last edited:
Really nice 5.1 (DTS Only) mix by Elliott Scheiner!!! Agressive with crowd and instruments in the back. Very clean and full mix. Great performance too.

Back