New Member of the Quad Scene with a Sansui QRX-7500A

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banjo800

QQ Supporter
Hello! I am finally stepping into the quad arena after many years of wanting to. Back in the 70's I had a quad 8-track player and one tape.....it was a tape of western movie themes. Lasted about a month before I traded it off. That was the extent of my experience.....
I currently own an Akai 1800D-SS Reel to Reel/8-Track combo unit. I do not currrently have any quad tapes of any kind and use it mainly to listen to the reqular 8-track tapes I have. I have a few other Reel to reel machines also.
I decided a few weeks ago I wanted a nice quad system, so I have been researching different systems and decided upon a reasonably priced Sansui QRX-7500A. I am currently awaiting it's arrival and am highly excited about it! I picked up a nice looking Dual 1249 turntable at a yard sale and will be looking for a suitable CD-4 cartridge for it. So far I only have 5 quad LP's. 4 of those are SQ encoded and 1 is a quadradisc (CD-4). More will come as time goes by.....
I am trying to make some adjustments to the turntable. The automatic system does not work properly. I just replaced the "pimple", but still have problems. Can anyone recommend a good forum that deals with the Dual line of turntables? Thanks for a great forum!

I am sure that someone here has the experience, but you may have to keep checking as many members only stop by once in a while.

Glad to hear you get back to quad after all of these years!

I am sure that someone here has the experience, but you may have to keep checking as many members only stop by once in a while.

Glad to hear you get back to quad after all of these years!

:bump:

Only 2 more days 'til the QRX-7500A arrives.........
The turntable sounds great......still trying to get the automatic return functioning.......after a couple hours I was able to get the automatic start repaired! I've learned that it only take minute adjustments to get it out of kilter.

I got a suprize delivery from the post office. My receiver arrived. Boy was I surprised. My son just sent me a few pics of the box. I'm mad as hell right now. I won't be able to examine the receiver for a few more hours. I'm dreading what I will find. image.jpgimage.jpg
Notice the complete lack of protective wrapping? No bubble wrap. No extra packing. Nada.

Last edited:
Yikes....that no look pretty at all. Thing is often UPS or fed ex will be the actual company and do the sending then they hand it off to the post office which has a contract with them to deliver the package the last mile.

Who actually shipped it?

Sorry about the state of your box, hope all ends well for you. As to the turntable help, try www.vinylengine.com. I am assuming that if you are replacing a pimple, you have a Dual turntable and at least two members there, Dualcan and mrow2 are very experienced in Dual repair. Klaus(Dualcan) is a retired employee of Noresco, Dual's name in Canada. There are also videos and tutorials there on Duals. Good luck on your journey through the world of quad, it is my drug of choice.:music

Sorry about the state of your box, hope all ends well for you. As to the turntable help, try www.vinylengine.com. I am assuming that if you are replacing a pimple, you have a Dual turntable and at least two members there, Dualcan and mrow2 are very experienced in Dual repair. Klaus(Dualcan) is a retired employee of Noresco, Dual's name in Canada. There are also videos and tutorials there on Duals. Good luck on your journey through the world of quad, it is my drug of choice.:music
Thanks for the info. I have been to vinylengine a lot lately. I will seek out the dual masters!

As to the Sansui, it's toast. Busted all to pieces. Yes, I immediately contacted the seller. Hopefully we can resolve this to my satisfaction. I'll upload some more pics tomorrow.

As to the Sansui, it's toast. Busted all to pieces. Yes, I immediately contacted the seller. Hopefully we can resolve this to my satisfaction. I'll upload some more pics tomorrow.

Did you buy off ebay or where? If Ebay, you got a solid case

How anyone can ship something like that in a box like that is beyond comprehension. What a waste.
Very sorry to hear about this.

yes it was an eBay purchase, the seller has asked for a few days to try and come up with an agreeable solution....I don't like it, but hopefully an agreeable solution can be reached.."..here are a few pics of the receiver. I still cannot fathom why they never even tried to pack it properly.....plus it was grossly inaccurate in the description. It was described as "mint for its age". To me mint, is mint....image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
good riddance.

my first sansui was the qrx5500.

im like this........an idiot....i decide i cant stand BlackBestBuy stereos....i wanted a wood case at least.

so i went to ebay....and simply scrolled till i saw what i liked. i like wood - said that - but what i also like is power meters...the thing has 4 of them....and some radio frequency meters too. love it.

however....sansui.....? what the shit is sansui? sansui - to me - was just more jap-crap that was probably owned by GE or some junk.

little did i know....imbecile.

everything else i think i know i learned here. take your time. as stated above....not everybody checks in daily.

but what i do know is this for sure - qrxrestore.com is your friend.
in the world of quad...if it aint sansui then you have gear that wishes it was.
the qrxX001 models best the qrxX500 line in qs synth mode.....(i think the qrxX500 models are prettier tho)....with this function you get quad from stereo.
use all your current LPs and CDs...decode them....and i swear to whomever that if you are listening to a song you think you have heard...or maybe have heard...a million times - on this 1,000,001 listen...you will hear.......(wait for it)......................................m o r e.

ebay pointers -

1. go ahead and leave negative feedback - dont be nice - this is not your friend - look how they have treated you - do it....NOW.
2. Do not message seller - go straight to opening an item "significantly not as described" case now...do not wait. do it now.

this FREEZES SELLERS PAYPAL ACCOUNT - the amount of money you sent them is non-usable until case is settled.

this puts everything in your corner.....you have pictures - you keep all packing material.

seller will refund your original purchase price + shipping....pretty freaking quick.

if seller is a moron....they will make you go through ebay resolution center - it does no good - you have already won the case....you just need to make sure you do not lose a single penny on the transaction...

if seller has stalled and forces you to push the case into ebays lap - the true resolution center - then next will come ebays decision - in your favor - thats when they will tell you to return ship it yourself....and seller might also not want to pony-up for the return shipping - tough-turds.

ebay will act like they will NOT give you a prepaid shipping label to return the item...press on...they will.

"Reimbursements for claims under eBay's Buyer Protection Policy
The policy generally covers buyers if an item they purchase is not as described or doesn't arrive. If eBay pays the buyer up to the full purchase price plus original shipping costs for claims covered under eBay's Buyer Protection Policy, we'll charge this amount using the payment method you select below. Learn more about what eBay Buyer Protection means for sellers."

thats the new trick ebay has as a surprise for dumb sellers that pack like this - and sellers know this.

this statement has always gotten me a prepaid shipping return label "gee whiz....i didnt do anything wrong - i looked...i bid - i won - i paid....and now i have to return it....but it will cost me $X to do that. shucks....i dont have to pay $X to return something to WalMart....maybe i should just shop with them"

check your email to find your prepaid shipping label.

so as a buyer - youve given them a negative feedback...that can be amended later...if you feel like it.
however....the damage is done - ebay takes into account all these little seller issues and adds them up and uses that figure to calculate how much more money the seller has to give up out of every transaction....so the revised negative feedback still hurts for 12 months.

opening the claim immediately - exact same ebay response. when ebay sees seller has claims against them...even if they are resolved without ebays help - that will cost the seller some points...those points mean money out of sellers pocket.

a properly informed seller wants you out of their hair...fast....because it does them no good to argue.

the message center allows photos - when seller sees photos they will normally refund you immediately....and not ask for the receiver back....since this will just further their cost by having to cover that return cost.

this applies to heavy items...up to 70 pounds.

policy - ebay will not pay for - the seller does not have to - and paypal will not - cover the return shipping on any item over 70lbs.

do not....under any circumstances accept any sort of refund from a seller - even if it is returning funds from overpaid shipping - any amount of refund on a paypal transaction VOIDS all future ebay buyer protection....and paypals too. do not accept one ebay item auction to be shipped in multiple boxes - this too ruins ebay/paypal buyer protection.

the 2 companies are splitting - so their policies differ on returns. ive written about this already somewhere. paypal will let you return a defective...or maybe not so defective item up to 180 days. ebays return policy has changed...it does every day....so keep in mind as a buyer.....180 day return policy with paypal. as a seller.....keep that in mind....you have up to 180 days to get a nasty surprise from paypal saying they have a customer that would like to return X due to Y

last thing - promise - seller may say "but i paid for insurance...i want to file a claim" thats why you saved all the packing materials...remember.
this is a legitimate response - seller thinks they packed well and wants to see if they can get a check from shipping company insurance. thats ok - ask them to start their own insurance claim with shipping company and you will allow that shipping company to pick up the item and do whatever they want to with it.....just as soon as you - the buyer - gets a complete refund on purchase price and original shipping and handling et cetera.

this too bothers sellers - but simply explain that you currently own the item...and insurance claims are paid to the "shipper"...the person that shipped the item....so???? wheres the confusion????

the qrxX500 models are beautiful...but it is not sansuis best attempt to cover all the quad formats. the qrxX001 models arent as nice looking...but do cover the quad formats you desire....and has the best qs synth mode put in a receiver.

avoid the qrx8001 and 9001 until you have enough coin to.

i have about 4 of the qrx7001 and 6001 models - not sure of condition - message me if you want.

good morning
w.a.r.

That QRX is in truly sad condition. I am really sorry you had to see it like that. I would follow William's advice and start a Paypal claim just to protect your ass. I don't know what you have financially lost, but it can't be cheap. I say give the seller 3 days, not including the weekend, then file with Paypal. Give them a chance to be honest, but also give yourself enough rope to hang them with, if need be. Good luck and keep us posted. Geez two losses in the quad world this week, first your QRX, then BB King.

good riddance.

my first sansui was the qrx5500.

im like this........an idiot....i decide i cant stand BlackBestBuy stereos....i wanted a wood case at least.

so i went to ebay....and simply scrolled till i saw what i liked. i like wood - said that - but what i also like is power meters...the thing has 4 of them....and some radio frequency meters too. love it.

however....sansui.....? what the shit is sansui? sansui - to me - was just more jap-crap that was probably owned by GE or some junk.

little did i know....imbecile.

everything else i think i know i learned here. take your time. as stated above....not everybody checks in daily.

but what i do know is this for sure - qrxrestore.com is your friend.
in the world of quad...if it aint sansui then you have gear that wishes it was.
the qrxX001 models best the qrxX500 line in qs synth mode.....(i think the qrxX500 models are prettier tho)....with this function you get quad from stereo.
use all your current LPs and CDs...decode them....and i swear to whomever that if you are listening to a song you think you have heard...or maybe have heard...a million times - on this 1,000,001 listen...you will hear.......(wait for it)......................................m o r e.

ebay pointers -

1. go ahead and leave negative feedback - dont be nice - this is not your friend - look how they have treated you - do it....NOW.
2. Do not message seller - go straight to opening an item "significantly not as described" case now...do not wait. do it now.

this FREEZES SELLERS PAYPAL ACCOUNT - the amount of money you sent them is non-usable until case is settled.

this puts everything in your corner.....you have pictures - you keep all packing material.

seller will refund your original purchase price + shipping....pretty freaking quick.

if seller is a moron....they will make you go through ebay resolution center - it does no good - you have already won the case....you just need to make sure you do not lose a single penny on the transaction...

if seller has stalled and forces you to push the case into ebays lap - the true resolution center - then next will come ebays decision - in your favor - thats when they will tell you to return ship it yourself....and seller might also not want to pony-up for the return shipping - tough-turds.

ebay will act like they will NOT give you a prepaid shipping label to return the item...press on...they will.

"Reimbursements for claims under eBay's Buyer Protection Policy
The policy generally covers buyers if an item they purchase is not as described or doesn't arrive. If eBay pays the buyer up to the full purchase price plus original shipping costs for claims covered under eBay's Buyer Protection Policy, we'll charge this amount using the payment method you select below. Learn more about what eBay Buyer Protection means for sellers."

thats the new trick ebay has as a surprise for dumb sellers that pack like this - and sellers know this.

this statement has always gotten me a prepaid shipping return label "gee whiz....i didnt do anything wrong - i looked...i bid - i won - i paid....and now i have to return it....but it will cost me $X to do that. shucks....i dont have to pay $X to return something to WalMart....maybe i should just shop with them"

check your email to find your prepaid shipping label.

so as a buyer - youve given them a negative feedback...that can be amended later...if you feel like it.
however....the damage is done - ebay takes into account all these little seller issues and adds them up and uses that figure to calculate how much more money the seller has to give up out of every transaction....so the revised negative feedback still hurts for 12 months.

opening the claim immediately - exact same ebay response. when ebay sees seller has claims against them...even if they are resolved without ebays help - that will cost the seller some points...those points mean money out of sellers pocket.

a properly informed seller wants you out of their hair...fast....because it does them no good to argue.

the message center allows photos - when seller sees photos they will normally refund you immediately....and not ask for the receiver back....since this will just further their cost by having to cover that return cost.

this applies to heavy items...up to 70 pounds.

policy - ebay will not pay for - the seller does not have to - and paypal will not - cover the return shipping on any item over 70lbs.

do not....under any circumstances accept any sort of refund from a seller - even if it is returning funds from overpaid shipping - any amount of refund on a paypal transaction VOIDS all future ebay buyer protection....and paypals too. do not accept one ebay item auction to be shipped in multiple boxes - this too ruins ebay/paypal buyer protection.

the 2 companies are splitting - so their policies differ on returns. ive written about this already somewhere. paypal will let you return a defective...or maybe not so defective item up to 180 days. ebays return policy has changed...it does every day....so keep in mind as a buyer.....180 day return policy with paypal. as a seller.....keep that in mind....you have up to 180 days to get a nasty surprise from paypal saying they have a customer that would like to return X due to Y

last thing - promise - seller may say "but i paid for insurance...i want to file a claim" thats why you saved all the packing materials...remember.
this is a legitimate response - seller thinks they packed well and wants to see if they can get a check from shipping company insurance. thats ok - ask them to start their own insurance claim with shipping company and you will allow that shipping company to pick up the item and do whatever they want to with it.....just as soon as you - the buyer - gets a complete refund on purchase price and original shipping and handling et cetera.

this too bothers sellers - but simply explain that you currently own the item...and insurance claims are paid to the "shipper"...the person that shipped the item....so???? wheres the confusion????

the qrxX500 models are beautiful...but it is not sansuis best attempt to cover all the quad formats. the qrxX001 models arent as nice looking...but do cover the quad formats you desire....and has the best qs synth mode put in a receiver.

avoid the qrx8001 and 9001 until you have enough coin to.

i have about 4 of the qrx7001 and 6001 models - not sure of condition - message me if you want.

good morning
w.a.r.

What W.A. Reid said a million times over - The seller did not pack it right because he is most likely a scam artist and plays the odds that ebay buyers will go "Oh Well Live & Learn" then do nothing or very little about it. As Reid said........the resolution is your money back plus the shipping you paid..........no less.

I think everyone that has Ebayed or other such has had an incident like this in one way or another, if not..........they will in the future.

Ebay WILL stand behind you, especially in this case...........just gotta wanna do it. I would get the ball rolling right away.

You will get your money back.........but that seller will probably try to drag his heels.

All the Best :banana:

Back