New Surround Master coming! Its a jump to the left and a step to the right

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay team.

We finally got our act together today and have a bunch of SM V2's that should go out on Monday. Really sorry about our delays. Here is a few of many!

View attachment 41499

View attachment 41500
It is so good to see all those boxes lined up, as each one represents a happy (and paying) customer. Wishing Involve an inventive & prosperous future!

As my amp won't allow the phono i/p to be selected and to have a multichannel input at the same time (I hanker after the days of tape monitor inputs!) I went for a Project Audio Phono Box S2 Ultra MC/MM pre-amp to drive my soon to arrive Involve SM2 :SG from my Rega 3 TT - I had a £100 of amazon vouchers left from Xmas so it cut the cost :D

Yay
Email from Involve saying the little box of tricks is on it's way. Actually, to be accurate, it says the order is complete from their side, so I assumed the next stage is that it is being sent.
(y) :QQlove
Mine has left Australia, so I got a text from DHL to tell me I owe £64 for import duty+fee, not as bad as I had expected! Should arrive Friday :LB

Mine has left Australia, so I got a text from DHL to tell me I owe £64 for import duty+fee, not as bad as I had expected! Should arrive Friday :LB
You've got a ten quid discount! How did you wangle that?! I paid £73.90 ( inc. duty, VAT & "brokerage") collected by the UPS guy on delivery. Some difference between UPS (that the first batch seemed have been sent by) and DHL you seem to have been allocated? Mind you I get the sense that they all make it up as they go along, e.g. I never got any text telling me in advance how much it would be - a man in brown shorts just turned up who demanded money with menaces!
I've (hopefully) got a second one on the way (in the same way as beerking has been notified, Involve say this order is complete, but I've oddly not received any tracking details yet) - will be interesting to see what random amount I'm charged when it turns up this time!

Last edited:
You've got a ten quid discount! How did you wangle that?! I paid £73.90 ( inc. duty, VAT & "brokerage") collected by the UPS guy on delivery. Some difference between UPS (that the first batch seemed have been sent by) and DHL you seem to have been allocated? Mind you I get the sense that they all make it up as they go along, e.g. I never got any text telling me in advance how much it would be - a man in brown shorts just turned up who demanded money with menaces!
I've (hopefully) got a second one on the way (in the same way as beerking has been notified, Involve say this order is complete, but I've oddly not received any tracking details yet) - will be interesting to see what random amount I'm charged when it turns up this time!
I'd expected way more so circa £80-£100. The Post Office charged me £8.50 tax gathering fee last time I had an import, UPS was £12, not sure about DHL, plus it also depends which import duty tariff the customs person puts it under!

I'd expected way more so circa £80-£100. The Post Office charged me £8.50 tax gathering fee last time I had an import, UPS was £12, not sure about DHL, plus it also depends which import duty tariff the customs person puts it under!
I too, had arrived at similar amounts. It will be interesting to see if all these units are being sent to the UK via DHL and they will have exactly the same charge as yours!!

That is truly horrifying what you chaps across the pond have to pay to get out of country goods :eek: 🤯 - brokerage >WTF!!!

As my amp won't allow the phono i/p to be selected and to have a multichannel input at the same time (I hanker after the days of tape monitor inputs!) I went for a Project Audio Phono Box S2 Ultra MC/MM pre-amp to drive my soon to arrive Involve SM2 :SG from my Rega 3 TT - I had a £100 of amazon vouchers left from Xmas so it cut the cost :D

what cart are you running through it?
i noticed fiddling about with the dip switches made a helluva difference with all the carts i tried thru my Pro-Ject Phono Box S (it even managed to tame the slightly bright AT440MLb with just a light sprinkling of capacitance fairy dust!) 🎩🎇

tbh i got whammed for more than that in customs when i got the SMv1 but i didn't get to come on here and do my usual grumblebum points of view routine ("dear Anne Robinson, why oh why oh why!!" 😾 :LOL: ) because about 10 minutes after getting it setup i was in total and utter Quad decoding nirvana "shoo-be-doo-be-doo shoo-bee-doo-bee-doo weeeeee've got a message in our music..!!" and not only was there a message in their song there was a party in my room, i was so astounded i never did get around to complaining!!!! 🙊

what cart are you running through it?
i noticed fiddling about with the dip switches made a helluva difference with all the carts i tried thru my Pro-Ject Phono Box S (it even managed to tame the slightly bright AT440MLb with just a light sprinkling of capacitance fairy dust!) 🎩🎇
I haven't managed to try it yet! a few days back at home tomorrow, I'm 100 miles away from home 'mother sitting' but we're getting her a stair lift fitted ….... and :sneaky: :oops: I can't help thinking about Gremlins! I seem to have inherited her sense of humour :ROFLMAO:

I now have 15.3 channels of SM surround!....

Well, potentially at least - sadly none of them are currently connected up as I'm living in the middle of what resembles a building site whilst my new central heating system is installed!

I now have 15.3 channels of SM surround!....

View attachment 41770

Well, potentially at least - sadly none of them are currently connected up as I'm living in the middle of what resembles a building site whilst my new central heating system is installed!
Mine arrived today :). Got home unpacked the v1, plugged the v2 in between my Rotel R12 and amp and fired it up. :) The picture sums up the physical difference... the v2 has lots of controls (which I like) and looks like a high quality hi-fi component...unlike the v1, which performs well, but looks like a toy in comparison.

Back