No-man - live dvd

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I had a chance to play the live disc and will get to the second disc a bit later on.

The visuals - nicely filmed, some nice close-ups and the "mood" of the music in conjunction with the stage lighting is captured well. Too many concert films make the stage far too bright for me and it loses something, doesn't feel like you're "there" at the show. That being said, they're not the most exciting lot to watch and there's no films etc like you'd at a Porcupine Tree show for instance.

The sound/music - top notch as I suspected it would be from the samples on the recent EP they released. Really superb recording and mix imho, the 5.1 mix fills the room well with the instruments, not just audience in the back, you're almost on stage amongst the musicians. Some of the arrangements really rock out a bit too, more than I would have expected from no-man. Ben Coleman's appearance at the end and his violin solo on "Things Change" is worth the price of admission.

Bottom line - I probably won't watch the live set that often but I'll certainly listen to it frequently. Superb music, performance and recording.

couldn't have said it better mey self. This is definitly one of the best, not only good music well played but supurb mix as well. plenty of excellent bonus material.

SW does it again ! SQ is excellent and its great to see him and Tim Bowness still really get on and still , above all , love creating .

Now , how about The Incident and Blackfield Dvd-As then ?? ;)

~M~

Back