Noon in a Polynesian islet in 4.0 FLAC at IAA.com

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Here we go , folks... I know I will not make basically ANY money from this but ,hey , it's better than having it "rot" in my hard drives...

Quad within a 5.1 stream and a fold down in Stereo , both in 48/24 FLAC... for $9.99 I don't think it will break your wallet, and besides, you can support a QQ member.. if it makes just a bit or enough money I will definitely contribute to this page... cause things now are not the best economically...

As per the description, I did a VERY quick fade in and out so it can be looped...

Please ask away if you have any doubts...
(Mods, please change this to wherever you think it's appropriate if needed)

https://immersiveaudioalbum.com/pro...nstereoandsurround4-0-germanf5-1flacdownload/

Here we go , folks... I know I will not make basically ANY money from this but ,hey , it's better than having it "rot" in my hard drives...

Quad within a 5.1 stream and a fold down in Stereo , both in 48/24 FLAC... for $9.99 I don't think it will break your wallet, and besides, you can support a QQ member.. if it makes just a bit or enough money I will definitely contribute to this page... cause things now are not the best economically...

As per the description, I did a VERY quick fade in and out so it can be looped...

Please ask away if you have any doubts...
(Mods, please change this to wherever you think it's appropriate if needed)

https://immersiveaudioalbum.com/pro...nstereoandsurround4-0-germanf5-1flacdownload/
UH, so are you going by "German F" now; or have I read this wrong?

He also wears an 80s mullet hair style too.
Be very careful.
HEY, I can make a mullet look good!...
gtamboo.jpg

Purchased & snagged it after a grueling 55 sec down load. The only reason I didn't get earlier was due to not being able to sample it as was mentioned before. I guess it's just something we expect now days. Lookin' forward to it!

Thank you so much for your support, it really means a lot to me... I figured that most of you had not got around to getting it...

As it is, I tried to leave everything as flat as possible cause it's basically NOT music and nature does not need any tweaking.

It was recorded on a Zoom H2 recorder at 44.1/16 cause we're talking 2008 and that was the best resolution possible for 4.0. I upsampled it to 48/24 and it seems to have "warmed it up" a bit.

The biggest problem was the breeze, cause there was constant breeze and, in spite of using the foam protector provided, there was a LOT of low frequency info that I had to get rid of but I do not think that it affected the end result in a negative way.

And , of course , since the important info is "treble" frequencies, the amplitude is quite low cause it will definitely cut through, and I also wanted to give it a natural headroom space.

The start is a very quick fade in and the end is a very quick fade out so, as I mentioned, it'll work great for looping it.

You can tell that the wind and the light surf were picking up at the end but not dramatically and thankfully there were no boats or aircraft in the area while recording.

I personally have listened to this and used it as white noise during a couple thousand nights at least so I'd say QC was done ...

I'd say I got the idea of a QUAD light surf recording when I had listened hundreds of times to a CD I bought in Tower Boston in 1988 called "Mid-day at Jost Van Dyke" which was similar in a way but it had extraneous bird sounds and even a fly checking the Stereo image which I eventually edited out once I got my first PC... and also, there are many a disc of surf recordings but the surf was either too strong with crashing loud waves(NOT relaxing at all) or too short of a recording, so I think Mother Nature was smiling at me when I recorded this back then...

It also reminds me of the house I grew up in in Joyuda, Cabo Rojo, PR, which was RIGHT on the beach and my room was the closest to the shoreline , and since it was the Mona Channel , which is right between the Atlantic Ocean in the north and the Mar Caribe in the south AND there were a LOT of coral reefs that protected us and served as wave crashers/motus, I remember that the waves are basically the same size (1-4 inches high) as this recording.

Here's to wishing you pleasant dreams...

¡Un abrazo!

Last edited:
Back