NOSOUND - TEIDE 2390 (Live CD/ 5.1 DVD-A/V)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooohhh someone else here likes Gazpacho... & Riverside... I second that! (y)
:) yes, great bands, live as well.

And now is the best time if Giancarlo could get the surround mixing job as both are working on new albums. As Gazpacho is a Kscope band as well, the label is willing to release surround output, so only Gazpacho themselves need to join in. ;)

Actually Airbag will start recording a new album soon too, they announced yesterday on Facebook!

I received the record in the morning and waited for the conf calls to ramp down to listen to it. Days I work from home like today I use to have some music in the background and not paying full attention to it.
But oh, as soon as the first chords started to sound all my attention was captured by the music! This record has got some magic! The performance is as good as I expected but sound wise this recording is exceptional. The music has its own breathe, don't know how to explain it. The surrounds are alive and let all the gig atmosphere to wrap you.
Giancarlo, the mix and sq are a real marvel!!!
It's a strange concert though with so few people clapping (and teaching you how to say gracias)
I go to Tenerife at least once a year and one month ago I passed by the Observatory and thought about the gig and how much I would have like to have been there... And now I'm green with envy!
Anyway, have you ever thought about contacting Fish and proposing him to remix one of his albums? He discarded doing so with SW because of schedule and costs, but maybe with your help and offering a download option for the surround mixes it would work. And it's the right moment as he's remastering his whole back catalogue, what do you think?

And, for everybody like me that were hesitating to buy this concert, go and grab it! It's magical!

Good to read compatibility issues are solved.

About other artists, bands like Airbag, Gazpacho and Riverside would be great in surround.

A while ago I contacted Airbag and Bjorn replied that they keep an open mind about surround but had nothing planned at that time. One of the Pjiotr's from Riverside told me (perhaps 4 years ago) that they view surround suitable for live releases, not for studio work. We know better than that ;)

Perhaps you could contact the bands and offer a test mix to show your skills and the possiblity of studio recordings mixed in surround.
one more possible candidate for the Erra magic is Freedom To Glide. I had a listen to their full catalogue, 3 EPs and 1 album, today as I was in the mood for some recent and it is really great stuff. The guys are also recording a new album, https://www.facebook.com/FreedomToGlide

Cool - I just placed an order from Burning Shed for this. I look forward to it!!

Hey Gang - just received my copy of NOSOUND - Teide 2390 today. I love the sound, I think you did an excellent job on pulling this together. I can really put the volume to this and it sounds great....it sounds BIG! Nice job.....keep it coming.

Hello everyone!

Sorry for not replying but sometimes I do not receive notifications strangely. I'm glad to know you like the mix, there were some 'polemics' on other topics here but I just mix the music by an artistic point of view trying to make it pleasing to my ears and taste..glad to see when someone else shares the feeling :)

Thanks for all suggestions about other artists to mix...I'll go through them :D

Back