NOT QUAD: Jackson Five Quadraphonic Mix vinyl lp fold down clear vinyl reissue

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As within this edition these mixes are the stereo folds, consumers do *not need a special decoder or four speakers to enjoy the music.

and a crappy digital source :rolleyes:

I ordered it, before seeing this thread. I’ll come back with, likely a somber report, of no separation on my Surround Master v1 vinyl edition. This is what happens when I impulse buy from pop up Facebook ads.

I ordered it, before seeing this thread. I’ll come back with, likely a somber report, of no separation on my Surround Master v1 vinyl edition. This is what happens when I impulse buy from pop up Facebook ads.

The quad release was in CD-4, so no chance of a hidden encoding on this one.

Thanks for the salt in my wound. Should I pull out my CD-4 demodulators?

i can't see a demodulator yielding anything sadly as its not a CD-4 pressing, there'd be no 30kHz stuff for a Shibata (or similar stylus) to use to retrieve anything meaningfully Quaddy from the disc. afaik its a new folddown of a fresh transfer of the 4-channel master. strange but true! 🤯

i can't see a demodulator yielding anything sadly as its not a CD-4 pressing, there'd be no 30kHz stuff for a Shibata (or similar stylus) to use to retrieve anything meaningfully Quaddy from the disc. afaik its a new folddown of a fresh transfer of the 4-channel master. strange but true! 🤯

Definitely, a CD-4 LP in theory would require a very conscious decision and special arrangements on the side of the label. Since the CD-4 format is literally dead there is absolutely zero chance of that ever happening.

I honestly pray this doesn't become a trend..'we give the surround mix folded to stereo for the very first time'! shudder.....
I'd be keen for the right album if it's that or nothing. I'd love them to do it for Let's Going On.

Back