Ok,

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank

"WORLD EXCLUSIVE - 030303!: Make no mistake, 030303 is going to be a very significant number for all Floyd fans.

Brain Damage recently caught up with Floyd manager Steve O'Rourke for a brief chat about future plans. He confirmed what we had heard from George Hardie, cover artist extraordinaire (heavily involved in the original cover), about the plans for the 30th Anniversary of Dark Side Of The Moon. The idea is to tie the 30th Anniversary in with the date which in typical Floyd style, falls nicely as 03-03-03 (3rd March 2003). Prepare yourself for a nice reissue with hopefully some surprises...

He also mentioned that the quadraphonic mix of Dark Side Of The Moon is also going to be released (or should I say, rereleased!), presumably on DVD-A format (a relatively new audio format on DVD, offering greatly improved sonic performance).

More information as and when we have it. Remember where you heard this first - another Brain Damage exclusive!
-- Posted 13 September 2002 © Brain Damage --
"

This will be great!

Frank

That will kill the market for those $700 Q8s! :D

Help me, Mom!

:-jon

The last couple D.S.O.T.M. Q8's went very cheap on E-bay !
I was going to get one, as the [3] I have all have some drop-outs in them! Guess I'll just wait for the DVD-A! {03-03-03}!
Interesting 30 years -["30" years have got behind you , no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun]!
I won't miss this one ! I wonder if Alan Parsons will be involved in the re-issue!? I hope so!?

Rob 8o

US (Capitol) DSOTM Q8 = $15-$60 on eBay
UK (EMI) DSOTM Q8 = $700 on eBay!!!

The British Q8 is the only commercial release of the discrete Alan Parsons mix. The US is the matrix decoded version.

(See the old post "Four sides of the Moon")

Hopefully, the DVD-A will use the Parsons discrete mix. I believe this was to be one of the first DTS CDs released by DTS Entertainment, but they were stopped by the group.

"quadtrade" would have more info on this one.

:-jon

Back