Phish - IT

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdphunk

I doubt there's anyone else on this forum who cares about this release, but I figured I'd give it a mention since the audio was mixed by none other than Elliot Scheiner.

The video is amazing, having been recorded in HD and being very well edited. The audio is probably the best sounding Phish recording I've heard (and trust me...that's out of HUNDREDS), and the 5.1 mix is really well done. Nice use of the surrounds to accent the keyboards, plus ambiance and crowd noise. Perfect for a concert film, IMHO.

Additionally, there's a nice easter egg...a 5.1 mix of the song "Waves" that pushes the envelope more than the regular mix. There's a lot of very gradual movement of the instruments. The mix starts with the whole band coming from the right surround channel, and they slowly move away until each band member has their own channel. VERY cool.

Plus, you get almost 5 hours of content for $17.99 (on sale this week).

I love love love this live DVD and i agree 100% with you the best live Phish thats out there

Haven't heard this one but the Phish - Live in Brooklyn DVD isn't bad also....

Live in Brooklyn has a 5.1 mix on it? Ive only watched it on Netflix but I may have to pick this one up. Also the Clifford Ball DVD box set is mixed in 5.1 and is worth taking a listen/watch

its on disc 2 under bonus songs theres about 10 extra songs all in 5.1
:)

Hmm, it appears the easter egg is on disk 1 and is about 20 uninterrupted minutes of the concert. My only complaint about this set is the main show of disk 1 is repeatedly interrupted by the bands comments and musings. It's interesting, but I want to hear the music!

Disk 2 has 10 songs without the comment track and is much more enjoyable. These songs are not hidden.

I forgot to give details on the easter egg:

While your selection is on "Bonus Features" on the main menu of Disk 1, click the left arrow 2 times. An arrow will appear above the trees in the picture and you can select that to get to the bonus song.

Back