Pineapple Thief Versions of the Truth in BluRay Audio coming soon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Versions.jpg

My pre-release BluRay of "Versions of the Truth" (one of the "perks" of being a play tester) is sounding absolutely awesome on my system. 😊 The best surround mix Bruce has done to date, imho.

Currently playing the "bonus material", which is very different to Bruce's usual acoustic remixes, thanks to a lot of input from Gavin Harrison. It's like having a second, completely different version of the album. I'm not going to describe it because I don't want to spoil the surprise and absolute delight that I had when I first played it, but my strong recommendation would be to play the main album several times first, to really get an appreciation for the songs (which I think are the most consistently high quality TPT songs for a long time) then switch to the bonus material. I can imagine many people playing the alternate versions a lot.

You can pre-order now for 4th Sept release. Honestly, this BluRay is a snip at £14.99

View attachment 54890

My pre-release BluRay of "Versions of the Truth" (one of the "perks" of being a play tester) is sounding absolutely awesome on my system. 😊 The best surround mix Bruce has done to date, imho.

Currently playing the "bonus material", which is very different to Bruce's usual acoustic remixes, thanks to a lot of input from Gavin Harrison. It's like having a second, completely different version of the album. I'm not going to describe it because I don't want to spoil the surprise and absolute delight that I had when I first played it, but my strong recommendation would be to play the main album several times first, to really get an appreciation for the songs (which I think are the most consistently high quality TPT songs for a long time) then switch to the bonus material. I can imagine many people playing the alternate versions a lot.

You can pre-order now for 4th Sept release. Honestly, this BluRay is a snip at £14.99
Thanks for your consistently well-written and insightful posts; how do we get a job like yours!?! Stay Surrounded, Comrade!

View attachment 54890

tease!

Thanks for your consistently well-written and insightful posts; how do we get a job like yours!?! Stay Surrounded, Comrade!
Haha! ...I actually got to know everyone that I now do/have done play testing for through doing gig photography many, many years ago. It was Bruce that started it all, as I have known him for ages and was constantly badgering him about doing some The Pineapple Thief in surround. When he gave up his day job to go full time musician/producer he got the opportunity to mix in surround through K'Scope related bands. The rest (Rob Reed, Rob Aubrey for Big Big Train and Max for The Enid) came after I started posting about my work with Bruce, and they discovered we had a shared passion.

So I guess to answer your question; take up photography and hope that the bands you photograph like your work and end up mixing in surround! ;)

View attachment 54890

Those speakers look like they would sound magnificent in the right room.

Those speakers look like they would sound magnificent in the right room.
Haha. They're an early edition Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo matched 5.1 set. You could call them "vintage". And they sound pretty damned good in the room they're in. Pretty much transparent. :)

I know them, and the room very well and, though I'm obviously aware of the room's limitations (I have put a lot into tuning the config/room) I'm also very well aware that the majority of listeners don't have an ideal listening environment; everything's a compromise! That's why I play test on two very different configurations in two very different rooms.

In the room in the photo the Dirac in my AV Amp has pretty much removed any room effects that I used to have concerns for. :)

Back