• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Pink Floyd "Dark Side Of The Moon" Blu-ray disc failure

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
It's still rather irreconcilable to me why disc failures usually ONLY occur with BD~Audio discs and not SACDs, BD~Video discs or DVD~A/DVD discs. In my memory, we've had failures with DSOTM, Byran Adams Reckless, Abbey Road to name a few and the culprit has still not manifested inself!

What gives?

JediJoker

800 Club - QQ All-Star
It's still rather irreconcilable to me why disc failures usually ONLY occur with BD~Audio discs and not SACDs, BD~Video discs or DVD~A/DVD discs.
Apparently, there have also been issues with video Blu-rays pressed by Optimal. Given that "Blu-ray Audio" doesn't really exist—a separate standard was proposed, but never implemented, making all "BD-As" technically BD-Vs—this makes perfect sense. Even if there were a separate standard, that would be software-only, just as with DVD-A vs. DVD-V.

Scott65

701 Club - QQ All-Star
It's still rather irreconcilable to me why disc failures usually ONLY occur with BD~Audio discs and not SACDs, BD~Video discs or DVD~A/DVD discs. In my memory, we've had failures with DSOTM, Byran Adams Reckless, Abbey Road to name a few and the culprit has still not manifested inself!

What gives?
...and I had a faulty copy of Drums and Wires by XTC....

atrocity

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
It's still rather irreconcilable to me why disc failures usually ONLY occur with BD~Audio discs and not SACDs, BD~Video discs or DVD~A/DVD discs.
The first video disc I can remember failing was the original DVD of "Vertigo". Played fine when I got it but nothing has recognized it for years.

I've also got a DVD of Argento's "Phenomena" that has simply never played. Allegedly they were all like that.

Ranasakawa

900 Club - QQ All-Star
I decided to play my Dark Side of the moon Bluray from the Immersion box set and it doesn't fu#@ing play on any of my players including my Oppo. I have joined the group of people who have a dead Bluray!!!!

I did try to get a replacement with the knowledge that I might have a dead disc and now my worst fears are true.

I am glad I refused to buy the later years box despite the fact that I am a huge fan of pink floyd.

Ranasakawa

900 Club - QQ All-Star
I decided to play my Dark Side of the moon Bluray from the Immersion box set and it doesn't fu#@ing play on any of my players including my Oppo. I have joined the group of people who have a dead Bluray!!!!

I did try to get a replacement with the knowledge that I might have a dead disc and now my worst fears are true.

I am glad I refused to buy the later years box despite the fact that I am a huge fan of pink floyd.
I need to give credit when it is due. Incredibly I received a replacement Bluray disc for my Dark side of the moon failure

I still have grave concerns about Bluray discs technology because of their failure rate.

Snood

Staff member
I need to give credit when it is due. Incredibly I received a replacement Bluray disc for my Dark side of the moon failure

I still have grave concerns about Bluray discs technology because of their failure rate.
Yep Yep Awesome to hear Rana - like Snood was saying on the page before.........if it only a drink coaster now, send those lil bastards in. What ya'll got to lose cept small cost of postage. Seems they musta got a small supply in soooooooooo send those suckas in :SB

Like me said - already had a disc, but it went bad.....sent it in took awhile but got the replacement............theeeeeeeeeeeeeeen Snood thought hmmmm me not have the immersion box, found someone other side of the pound selling one dirt complete with saying this bluray was faulty everything else was nearmint and included. Went hmmmmm buy it dirt cheap send another faulty disc in even though it looked like they were not replacing..........sent it in and think it took about 3 months TA DA new replacement disc show up to make box set complete :rocks

EricKalet

QQ Supporter
I got super lucky, I requested a replacement disc from AE Crate email address and they sent it to me, didn't ask for the defective disc to be sent and did not ask for me to pay postage. My disc isn't atually defective, I just can't get my receiver to play the quad on the blu ray, it only plays stereo. So I'm stuck with the DD 640kbps dvd for the Quad.

Group builder