Primus and the Chocolate Factory in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

500 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
I see here that Primus' latest album is going to be released as a Deluxe edition in 5.1 surround.

http://primusville.com/home.html

Unfortunately, it doesn't give many details. It doesn't say if it will be a DVD or Bluray. It just says:

On April 28th, 2015 Primus and the Chocolate Factory will be releasing a deluxe edition in 5.1 Dolby surround sound plus a live set from the Primus and The Chocolate Factory tour.

Sailing the Seas of Cheese was a Bluray, so hopefully this will be the same. I sent a question through their online form. I'll report back if I get an answer.

Pre-ordered. Bring on the Primus surround! I'm hoping I got in with the first 300 for the free poster :banana:

OK I quite liked Sting Cheese but that is the only Primus I have would this be considered by Fans better worse Different or more of the same ?

I may well just take a punt on it please persuade me :)

OK I quite liked Sting Cheese but that is the only Primus I have would this be considered by Fans better worse Different or more of the same ?

I may well just take a punt on it please persuade me :)

Sailing the Seas of Cheese is considered to be one of their best. This one, unfortunately, is not thought to be very strong. It is even quirkier than their norm (I know... hard to imagine). This album is essentially the re-imagining of the soundtrack to "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" (the 1971 film).

It is probably my least favorite Primus album. I had hoped it would grow on me, but it is missing the catchy grooves I love in most of the previous albums. Definitely sample the album before you buy. It won't be to everyone's taste.

Once I know what format it is in, I will likely purchase it because I love Primus, and I would like to encourage other albums to be mixed in 5.1.

".......and I would like to encourage other albums to be mixed in 5.1. " I bought the 'better' album for the Team, not my cup of cheese, one listen. I'll take a pass. Just my opinion of course.

Snood Preordered - Sounds like a goofy blast - Rum & Cokes Will go good with this one :51banana:

Thanks for the Links Odys & Rtbluray :banana:

I bought the two BS&T SACDs to support more surround mixes, even though I'm not a fan. Turns out I kinda like them. How about some support for a new album and more current surround mixes? You might be surprised like I was with BS&T!

Hmmm...I did like the 5.1 of Sailing..., but put up some details Primus! Is it bluray or DVD? No wonder 5.1 creeps along at a snails pace. So many labels who should no better have utterly failed at educating the public. I'm in if it's not lossy.

Bummer...

Thank you for ordering from Club Bastardo.

Due to circumstances beyond our control, a delay in production has occurred with "Primus and the Chocolate Factory with the Fungi Ensemble 5.1 Deluxe Edition" CD. At this point, a release date is undetermined. Therefore, we are crediting the price of the CD any related shipping costs back to your credit card. We hope to have all credits processed by the end of day Thursday, April 9th. Please allow 3 – 5 business days for your credit to appear.

As a thank you for your patience and patronage, we would like to offer you 15% off your next order in Club Bastardo.

Has anyone got this is it a DVD or DVD-Audio?

Amazon is reporting it as Temporarily out of stock.
http://www.amazon.com/Primus-Chocolate-Factory/dp/B00SVYNWN4/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1430259641&sr=1-2&keywords=primus+chocolate

And the shipping (to me at the end of the world) on club bastardo is ridiculous...
http://clubbastardo.shop.musictoday.com/Product.aspx?cp=297_68898&pc=OLCD32

:(

Back