R.I.P. Sinead O'Connor

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm deeply saddened, but somehow this seemed inevitable if it was what I thought it was.

Was pleased to see her join Peter Gabriel at a WOMAD in Golden Gate Park. She was a surprise guest and
stayed for much of his concert.

Its all over the news here in the UK, very sad. They don't say why she died, but she was a troubled soul, had a life with a lot of torment and sadness :(
RIP Sinead.

Blessed with a remarkable talent, Dublin born Sinéad O'Connor bought much joy to the world of music. I, for one, will miss her dearly but sometimes Death IS the great Equalizer

R.4acb659b38110ae97485d40ba2e2a615

In her own words:

Fame is a curse... it was the worst phase of my life, which I thank God I'll never have to go through again.

Last edited:
Was listening last night to her duet with Matt Johnson of "The The" on "Mind bomb" album and being reminded what a great singing voice she had on Kingdom of Rain. Then went to bed and woke up to read the news. Amazing voice

A little story of mine.
I moved out from my wife of 11 years, intention that I wanted divorce, but still painful, I was the leaver.
I rented a little studio about a mile away. Still working and was up in the morning, MTV was in full swing.
I was cooking a pot of oatmeal in the little kitchen while the TV was on at MTV.
I heard this song "Nothing Compares To You" while my back was turned, I just stopped, like it was 911 and sat and watched her MTV video, floored me, even though I was the one who wanted out. Break ups are never easy.
I remember this like JFK and all the other things I remember.

In spite of my sometimes disagreement with her politics, I always felt sorry for her. The time she got booed off stage and broke down and cried especially hit me.

Doug

Last edited:
She was always a bit "strange" from the very beginning, and it seemed to get worse as time went on. Suicide wouldn't be surprising at all. Still, she was a wonderful person; just couldn't get out of her rut I guess. Certainly sad.

I also want to comment: When she tore up the picture of the Pope, the typical "deep thinker" completely missed her point, just like they missed John Lennon's point with his 1966 statement.

Doug
I'm not catholic, nor does the pope matter to me more than any other person on the planet, but there are things you just know will antagonize and offend a large number people to whom it does matter. If you choose to go down that path you deserve whatever wrath you receive because you asked for it. I am sure she could have made the same point differently.
Besides, I was much more upset when Andrew Dice Clay was banned. LOL

Back