Rolling Stones Goats Head Soup Deluxe Edition (with 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
importcds 4 LP version deepdiscount amazonUS LP VERSIONS JAPAN BARNES AND NOBLE

I checked amazon UK.....cdJapan….Super Deluxe Edition...acoustic sounds....elusive disc...music direct...nothing posted yet...don't be surprised if Walmart gets this release and when the time is closer Barnes and Noble might just have the deluxe version....I think there will be price movement on this release..it's early

Last edited:
Hmmmmm.....The Prince Sign The Times Box set has twice the content for the same price (although unfortunately no surround content.) Hard to justify the price for this one. :oops: Hard pass for me, at least until a deal comes along.

You should be crying TEARS of JOY out Loud for Mick 'n the Boy's concession to finally releasing something/anything in Surround.
It's still a valid question.

Also, there is already "something/anything" from the Stones in surround. At least the single song "Sympathy for the Devil" in 5.1, as released on the cover/remix album for that song.

Pretty steep price for not one of their best albums. Sticky Fingers might be worth the premium price (depending on how well the surround mix would be done) but not Goats head soup. I’ll wait until possibly Black Friday to see if there is a steep discount of this, otherwise I think I will pass on this boxset. I am a little tired of the over priced box sets when i only want the 5.1/Atmos surround mixes.

Although not my favorite band, I like the Stones enough to want this. But at those prices I think I’ll wait for some reviews first, and/or see if I can wait until prices come down in the secondary markets. Or see if someone on SHF with no interest in surround wants to sell just the blu-ray from their box.

Pretty steep price for not one of their best albums. Sticky Fingers might be worth the premium price (depending on how well the surround mix would be done) but not Goats head soup. I’ll wait until possibly Black Friday to see if there is a steep discount of this, otherwise I think I will pass on this boxset. I am a little tired of the over priced box sets when i only want the 5.1/Atmos surround mixes.
I feel the same.

I am a little tired of the over priced box sets when i only want the 5.1/Atmos surround mixes.
I hear you.

I think the problem is the surround mixes seem to be more of an afterthought for these companies, and not a cheap afterthought to produce. Too many people just don't care about surround, and are probably saying the opposite of us: "Why do I have to pay so much? Can't you skip this Atmos mix I don't understand and will never use?"

A sad state of the world. I mean... not the saddest part of it by far...

A very good start. Hopefully much more to come....
I know, just pent up frustration for decades of ignoring the surround market, and I’m not gonna be around forever. That Bull Moose price of ~$120 and free shipping is much better, but around $99 point would be much more appealing to me (but still steep for that album!)

I know, just pent up frustration for decades of ignoring the surround market, and I’m not gonna be around forever. That Bull Moose price of ~$120 and free shipping is much better, but around $99 point would be much more appealing to me (but still steep for that album!)
I think that currently works out to about $180 AUD, not a good price for me so I might see how the reviews go before buying it.

Back