RUSH Moving Pictures 40th Anniversary edition (with Richard Chycki Dolby Atmos mix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For stereo the Magee mastering is very good.
I've heard the Magee downloads are very good, but I rarely buy downloads. The original Anthem's (ANC catalogue number) sound like the vinyl and I hear they're tough to find outside of Canada but they're a dime a dozen here and usually people want to get rid of them because they want the remasters. I'm happy with 'em and never bothered with the 2015's.

I also like the 2015 remaster for stereo listening. Purchased from 7Digital Australia, it is watermark free.
Truly? I've been waiting to buy the Mercury album downloads until I could confirm the absence of watermarks. Of course, assuming the hi-res stereo on this new Blu-ray is one-and-the-same, I won't have to for MP.

Truly? I've been waiting to buy the Mercury album downloads until I could confirm the absence of watermarks. Of course, assuming the hi-res stereo on this new Blu-ray is one-and-the-same, I won't have to for MP.
Yes, it is watermark free. @Plan9 has a hi-res download with the watermark and confirmed my version is watermark free.
this purchase was made a few years ago, hard to say if the version available through 7digital Australia is still the same.

I’m confused. Can someone identify each MCH mix and how to listen to each one? For instance, discs and streaming.
2011 5.1 mix available on blu-ray and (I believe) DVD-A. No streaming.

2021/22 Atmos mix, available on streaming (Apple Music and Tidal) and now available in the Super Deluxe 40th anniversary box on blu-ray.

2022 5.1 mix available in the same box as the Atmos. As of yet, I have not heard confirmation if this is a brand new mix or the same as the 2011 mix.

No. Terry Brown has mixed the live tracks for the last two Rush anniversary sets.
Do you know if this is something he mixed way back in the day and was already in the can? Just wondering how it could come about that he wasn't handed the 5.1 remixes.

Do you know if this is something he mixed way back in the day and was already in the can? Just wondering how it could come about that he wasn't handed the 5.1 remixes.
I'm surprised Terry Brown wasn't at least consulted, considering the tremendous job he did on the original production.

Newly mixed.
Do you know of evidence that TB is interested in surround sound?
Not sure about 5.1 but he’s done some revelatory stereo remixes. There’s an album called Unfolded like Staircase by discipline. (Great record actually) the original mix was muddy as hell. TB remixed it a few years back and it is shockingly good, I can only imagine what he could do with 5.1.

2021/22 Atmos mix, available on streaming (Apple Music and Tidal) and now available in the Super Deluxe 40th anniversary box on blu-ray.

I find it very interesting that the original Tom Sawyer Atmos track (Tidal) from a few months ago is vastly different from the version that is available today.

Geddy's voice and the synthesizer were soloed in the center channel... Now it's Geddy and his bass.

The newest release of Vital Signs sounds like it has a completely new vocal track vs the original two channel release.

It's wild.

I find it very interesting that the original Tom Sawyer Atmos track (Tidal) from a few months ago is vastly different from the version that is available today.

Geddy's voice and the synthesizer were soloed in the center channel... Now it's Geddy and his bass.

The newest release of Vital Signs sounds like it has a completely new vocal track vs the original two channel release.

It's wild.
I felt that way with Red Barchetta from the original 5.1 mix, I swear it’s a completely different vocal track but it may just be that I can hear all of the nuance in the part since it’s pretty much completely isolated.

I felt that way with Red Barchetta from the original 5.1 mix, I swear it’s a completely different vocal track but it may just be that I can hear all of the nuance in the part since it’s pretty much completely isolated.
The vocal track is definitely different in Vital Signs... Listen to how Geddy says "mixed feelings" at around 1:34... I've never heard this version.

It's kind of cool.

Back