Rusty Truck

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surroundophile

Surroundophile
Since 2002/2003
The October issue of Sound & Vision has a review of Rusty Truck's "Luck's Changing Lanes", which is a CD/DVD package. The DVD has a DTS 5.1 mix of the CD on it. Anybody heard or bought it? Opinions?

Just thought I would respond since no one has ever posted. I looked at this many times at my local record store and finally decided to purchase. It was 14.99 and is a cd plus dvd package. The dvd has 5 videos that are in surround and also the entire 12 track cd mixed to dts. I listened to about 1/2 of the surround disc the other night and will try and get to the entire thing sometime this weekend. It is always much more fun to listen, when I'm home alone with more volume. The music is leans towards country/americana but with people like Jakob Dylan, T-Bone Burnett, Lenny Kravitz, Rob Thomas and Gillian Welch listed as producers, the music is more diverse. Favorite track so far is Prey. Listen online to preview and see if you like it.

This is a pretty nice disc. The singer kinda reminds me of Darius Rucker from Hootie and the Blowfish. The mix is full and appropriately discrete. Lots of "air" here to with good and solid bass. Certainly worth getting if you like a bit of "Country Rock".

Back