SDE’s Surround Series - Your Fantasy Wishlist

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no comment
1680626496766.png

Allman Brothers - Eat A Peach
  • 2022 Dolby Atmos mix
  • 2004 Jeff Glixman 5.1 mix
  • 1975 quadraphonic mix
  • 1972 original stereo mix
Roxy Music - Roxy Music
  • 2018 Steven Wilson 5.1 & stereo mixes (I think the stereo remix was only released on vinyl?)
  • 1972 original stereo mix
  • Demos & outtakes from the 2018 box set

AFD with corrected Michelle and Think About You Would be awesome too.
+1 if it were a new mastering or flat transfer straight from Scheiner's mix session. The 5.1 mix as presented on the Blu-Ray is so bright that I can't even make it through the full album - some songs have their high-end (from around 6k upwards) boosted 6-7 dB greater than the original '87 CD.

Since SDE already did a gilbert o sullivan album, I would love to be buying gilberts "stranger in my own backyard". What a great album. But... NO immersive mix, No true to the original mix. I want a new aggressive 5.1 mix with full range center channel with its own content which differs from the other channels, and I want all 60hz and lower bass frequencies routed to my subwoofer and no electronic stuff that restricts the dynamic range and...well..am I asking to much?

Well, since Paul himself has OK'd the mock-ups and I'd really love to upgrade from my DVD copy, here I go salivating:
View attachment 90276
In my opinion releasing the existing quad recording wouldn't be all that fantastic. What is needed is a total remix to 5.1 or Atmos. Releasing the existing recording would just be propagating crap.
And while they are at it Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and Sabotage would be great multi-channel candidates.

Back