• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Silly question concerning Stick Men's "Deep" digital download

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Eclectic

I just bought the Deep download from the surroundmusic.one web site. The site says it's a 48/24 5.1 flac, but the download is 96/24. Anyone know what's up? Of course I know that I can't hear the difference between 96k kHz and 48, unless it's IM distortion caused by the higher rate, but still, I'm curious. Surely no one was foolish enough to upmix from 48 kHz source to 96? I know that Neil Wilkes did the original mix for the DVD-A, but he doesn't appear to frequent the forum much these days.

~dave~~wave~

600 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
I bought the re-issued 2018 BluRay from surroundmusic.one, and all three versions (5.1, 4.0, 2.0) are 96/24 LPCM, even though the cover states the surround versions are 48/24.
Maybe, as you suggest, a typo / relic of the original DVD-A release?
(Sounds good to my old ears.)

OdysseyMusik sent me the BluRay from Denmark and was responsive to PM if you'd like to check with him.
His last activity was Tuesday, so he's been here much more recently than Neil.
(He's credited with the quad downmix on the BluRay.)

OdysseyMusik

300 Club - QQ All-Star
I just bought the Deep download from the surroundmusic.one web site. The site says it's a 48/24 5.1 flac, but the download is 96/24. Anyone know what's up? Of course I know that I can't hear the difference between 96k kHz and 48, unless it's IM distortion caused by the higher rate, but still, I'm curious. Surely no one was foolish enough to upmix from 48 kHz source to 96? I know that Neil Wilkes did the original mix for the DVD-A, but he doesn't appear to frequent the forum much these days.
Yeah! All mixes on DEEP are in 96-24! A spectrum also shows frequencies over 40 kHz (a 48-24 sample rate only goes up to 24 kHz)
There must have been another album released at that time that had interfered when the text was written ..... Markus Reuter had a lot albums entering surroundmusic.one at that time:D
It is now fixed!
Thanks for letting us know! (y)

Eclectic

Aha. Thanks for the clarification.

Yeah! All mixes on DEEP are in 96-24! A spectrum also shows frequencies over 40 kHz (a 48-24 sample rate only goes up to 24 kHz)
There must have been another album released at that time that had interfered when the text was written ..... Markus Reuter had a lot albums entering surroundmusic.one at that time:D
It is now fixed!
Thanks for letting us know! (y)