Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When i flew out to Arizona in March, to help my parents acclimate to an assisted living facility, a voice in my head told me to pack my pop's pipe wrench into my luggage. Good thing i listened! I think the only thing holding together the pipes beneath my kitchen sink was the chrome plating! That pipe wrench made removal a breeze! And replacing it all with PVC was also simple!
Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 12.18.36 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 12.19.05 PM.png

Last edited:
When i flew out to Arizona in March, to help my parents acclimate to an assisted living facility, a voice in my head told me to pack my pop's pipe wrench into my luggage. Good thing i listened! I think the only thing holding together the pipes beneath my kitchen sink was the chrome plating! That pipe wrench made removal a breeze! And replacing it all with PVC was also simple!
View attachment 92158 View attachment 92159

Nice looking repair job Mr Clement! Doesn't it make you curious about the other plumbing in the house? I've done a few of these myself & don't forget the always fun garbage disposal replacement. I say fun but really I just hate hate hate doing home plumbing stuff. It's definitely my weak point.

So how many times have you been there and back again with Arizona? Is this situation going to affect your trip to Japan?

Been there and back twice. Heading out with my daughter to see Joni Mitchell in early June. Japan will be mid-June to late-June. Then, back to Arizona. Maybe i'll install a garbage disposal in between trips! NOT! Hoo, boy–i hear you about plumbing. This one went too easily to be believed. Not really willing to push my luck! I'll stick with peonies for now! Stay Surrounded, Comrade!
Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 4.32.49 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 4.33.34 PM.png

Yesterday and today! LOVE those peonies! Enjoying the BLOOM!

Last edited:
Sadly, my mom’s place in an independent section of an assisted living facility also suffers from inadequate maintenance. They have two guys who seem eager, but overworked. My mom is torn between spending momey on someone else’s property and making her own life easier. And her decisions vary with circumstances. I haven’t seen that sort of failure, but she won’t use her dishwasher (she thinks it’s dirtier than her dishes), and the furnace hasn’t worked since she moved in. She has a couple of electric wall heaters and electricity is included in the rent, so the make-do works for now.

Been there and back twice. Heading out with my daughter to see Joni Mitchell in early June. Japan will be mid-June to late-June. Then, back to Arizona. Maybe i'll install a garbage disposal in between trips! NOT! Hoo, boy–i hear you about plumbing. This one went too easily to be believed. Not really willing to push my luck! I'll stick with peonies for now! Stay Surrounded, Comrade!
View attachment 92174View attachment 92175
Yesterday and today! LOVE those peonies! Enjoying the BLOOM!

IIRC Joni has only one show scheduled with Brandi Carlile in Washington state. Wow what a performance to see! You must be visiting Phoenix in between.

I request a full report on the Joni Mitchell concert!

Nice work, Clement. What are your rates? I suppose your charges are “x” DV quads per hour?

In addition to the music, SONIC BLOOM also echoes a diverse and forward-thinking ethos throughout its various workshops and immersive experiences. While camping alongside alpine mountains and a creek, attendees can revitalize their bodies and minds with yoga workshops in the Quadraphonic Funktion-One Yoga D’Om, engage in over 100 conversations and workshops with a panel of speakers touching on science and sustainability, and immerse in the fields of creative expression in the onsite art gallery.

https://edm.com/events/why-the-western-united-states-unite-at-sonic-bloom-festival
  • Yoga D’Om — Yoga & movement classes primarily, plus some sound healing in a beautifully decorated dome with a quadraphonic function-1 sound system.

Sadly, my mom’s place in an independent section of an assisted living facility also suffers from inadequate maintenance. They have two guys who seem eager, but overworked. My mom is torn between spending momey on someone else’s property and making her own life easier. And her decisions vary with circumstances. I haven’t seen that sort of failure, but she won’t use her dishwasher (she thinks it’s dirtier than her dishes), and the furnace hasn’t worked since she moved in. She has a couple of electric wall heaters and electricity is included in the rent, so the make-do works for now.
That's indeed sad, and I feel for your Mom and many others having to deal with such things in the later part of their lives, truly.
My wish, as my wife knows, is to remain at my home come hell or high water. Then cremate me and scatter the ashes on my property and there I'll stay.

When i flew out to Arizona in March, to help my parents acclimate to an assisted living facility, a voice in my head told me to pack my pop's pipe wrench into my luggage. Good thing i listened! I think the only thing holding together the pipes beneath my kitchen sink was the chrome..
I worked for a plumbing outfit for a few years when I was very young.....you know, a couple years ago ;). I repaired/replaced a lot of old plumbing and it looks like the same kind of damage when folks use draino type cleaners in sinks and basins. Bad stuff. You did a great job on this Clement! 👌

And, as more proof, here are me and my older brother at Key Hole, on the way to Long's Peak. This is a storm shelter due to frequent violent weather that can occur at this altitude. Our backpacks were in the 50 pound range. Didn't have them in the picture, but mine was nearly as big as I was. My dad was a beast about hiking....

Always stylish, I doing the rhubarb colored jeans. lol Obviously, we had warmer jackets in our backpacks.

1685642517207.png

Jaco Beach, Costa Rica...1987 My very first trip out of the USA. Right on the Pacific Ocean. I was there for business, arrived on a Sunday. I was blacked out by 9PM laying on the beach in the dark...clinging to a large driftwood with waves crashing over me. Luckily, some locals found me and carried me to my hotel. My first and last experience with Tequila. :hi

The last thing I really remember was a couple of UK soldiers (girls) telling the bartender to keep this bloke's hands off of us. That bloke was me. Not very proud of that, but hey....Tequila and a 27 year old.

1685644621168.png

1989 - San Antonio, Costa Rica. Right on the border of Nicaragua. Of course, I will find the bars....this little community had just gotten electicity for the first time, so there was a bit of celebrating.

View attachment 92240

I had the only car within 30 miles. These folks are poor (by our standards) and no one would have the money, nor the need for a car.

Jaco Beach, Costa Rica...1987 My very first trip out of the USA. Right on the Pacific Ocean. I was there for business, arrived on a Sunday. I was blacked out by 9PM laying on the beach in the dark...clinging to a large driftwood with waves crashing over me. Luckily, some locals found me and carried me to my hotel. My first and last experience with Tequila. :hi

The last thing I really remember was a couple of UK soldiers (girls) telling the bartender to keep this bloke's hands off of us. That bloke was me. Not very proud of that, but hey....Tequila and a 27 year old.

View attachment 92244
In 1987, i was bartending at the first legal bar in Evanston, IL. That year, i invented a drink called the "Fredtini." The main ingredient was tequila. I kept a large swath of the North Shore clinging to driftwood that summer! One of my favo(u)rite guests christened the drink "Liquid Stoopid." Shaken and served up in a chilled martini glass with a flaming twist. Mmm . . . those were the daze!

Last edited:
In 1987, i was bartending at the first legal bar in Evanston, IL. That summer, i invented a drink called the "Fredtini." The main ingredient was tequila. I kept a large chunk of the Northshore clinging to driftwood that summer! One of my favo(u)rite guests christened the drink "Liquid Stoopid." Shaken and served up in a chilled martini glass. Mmm . . . those were the daze!
Where I live now, we had "near beer" here for years, then finally up to whatever the State allows.
Just got legal liquor a few years ago, although there are no real liquor bars in the County that I know of.
I slip down to "Indian Deli In The Sticks" as I call it and have a few once in a while while waiting on a pizza. If you haven't guessed, Rog, the owner, is originally from India.

Where I live now, we had "near beer" here for years, then finally up to whatever the State allows.
Just got legal liquor a few years ago, although there are no real liquor bars in the County that I know of.
I slip down to "Indian Deli In The Sticks" as I call it and have a few once in a while while waiting on a pizza. If you haven't guessed, Rog, the owner, is originally from India.
The bar where i worked was nearly right across the street from the Woman's Christian Temperance Union's headquarters! Life is sometimes heavy-handed with its irony!
https://evanstonwomen.org/organizat...e Alliance, founded,and the city of Evanston.

In 1987, i was bartending at the first legal bar in Evanston, IL. That year, i invented a drink called the "Fredtini." The main ingredient was tequila. I kept a large swath of the North Shore clinging to driftwood that summer! One of my favo(u)rite guests christened the drink "Liquid Stoopid." Shaken and served up in a chilled martini glass with a flaming twist. Mmm . . . those were the daze!

1987 before it was legal!!!

I went to Cardiff Uni in the late 70s in the south of Wales, we could get a drink any day (UK licensing laws did restrict opening times), but a group of us went up to North Wales and they had no alcohol sales on a Sunday in bars/pubs! Not good for us 20 year olds needing to do 'the hair of the dog' due to the night before!

Back