Snood & Hurricane Dorian - Sorry Snood been a lil distracted & Busy this past week

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snood fell sleep watching tv about 4am, meant to stay up all night. :rolleyes:

Woke up 8AM - Power still on :eek:

Outside couple small branches down, roof is fine :LB Currently, the wind reminds me of the the semi rare occasions during winter when it might get down to 40 F on a cold front. Breeeeeeeezy, only humid and still warm.;)

We got very lucky here. Bahamas OMG :eek: Feel so bad for them. :(

Anyone else along the coast be safe, think it is a Cat 2 going to Cat 1 around North Carolina. Hoping it stays way out in the Ocean. :whistle:

Thank you for all the well wishes :love:..............what a stressed out week, but Snood is very thankful.

Tonight Snood gonna have a drink or 2 - listen to some tunes which me has not done in awhile as long as the power holds out (yes, still old sound system) and maybe watch a movie. Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr just sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep which would be much needed also.

Snood fell sleep watching tv about 4am, meant to stay up all night. :rolleyes:

Woke up 8AM - Power still on :eek:

Outside couple small branches down, roof is fine :LB Currently, the wind reminds me of the the semi rare occasions during winter when it might get down to 40 F on a cold front. Breeeeeeeezy, only humid and still warm.;)

We got very lucky here. Bahamas OMG :eek: Feel so bad for them. :(

Anyone else along the coast be safe, think it is a Cat 2 going to Cat 1 around North Carolina. Hoping it stays way out in the Ocean. :whistle:

Thank you for all the well wishes :love:..............what a stressed out week, but Snood is very thankful.

Tonight Snood gonna have a drink or 2 - listen to some tunes which me has not done in awhile as long as the power holds out (yes, still old sound system) and maybe watch a movie. Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr just sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep which would be much needed also.
Definitely get plenty of sleep tonight. You have to be awake and alert tomorrow evening for the start of the football season!

Very grateful that Dorian had mercy on you, Snood. I'm originally from Orlando, and my mom and sisters are all still there, so I've been keeping a keen eye on the path.

I happened to be visiting my folks when Charley came through in 2004 -- that was an adventure! Walking around the neighborhood the next morning and seeing all the limbs and debris was *strange*.

Very grateful that Dorian had mercy on you, Snood. I'm originally from Orlando, and my mom and sisters are all still there, so I've been keeping a keen eye on the path.

I happened to be visiting my folks when Charley came through in 2004 -- that was an adventure! Walking around the neighborhood the next morning and seeing all the limbs and debris was *strange*.
I went behind Charley for emergency operations for BellSouth telephone company. Yes we kept the telephones working whereas today landlines are a thing of the past.

Some of us get the best of both worlds:

Tropical Storm Irene:

Irene.JPG

Followed up the following year by a 14" snow storm just before Halloween. (This pic is of a very rare Thanksgiving snow, so you can imagine the shock of getting a blizzard in October!):

Snow.jpg

Then the next year we got the third of a perfect pair...Sandy.

Back