Something special is happening

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neil wilkes

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
But sadly I do not know what!
All I know is that there is a "Super-secret" title just delivered to the factory, and it is to be released around May 15.
This is from the author, who is not saying anything apart from
New gigantic super-secret release went to the plant on Friday. 3 versions, difficult management, last minute changes, first time product, etc
So - what "Anniversary" occurs around May 15?
It is VERY close to the 40th Anniversary of Sgt Pepper (June 1 UK, June 2 USA).

I wonder.....3 versions:
DVD-A, HD DVD & Blu Ray???

But sadly I do not know what!
All I know is that there is a "Super-secret" title just delivered to the factory, and it is to be released around May 15.
This is from the author, who is not saying anything apart from

I wonder.....3 versions:

Well, the Rush DVD album was supposed to come out May 15th but is now delayed. But it's not a secret....the info is out there......so who knows

I think it's the 15 anniversary of Girl You Know It's True by Milli Vanilli

I think it's the 15 anniversary of Girl You Know It's True by Milli Vanilli

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Oh Baby, I haven't Forgot Your Number....it's All or Nothing for me, this is so mine.

I may be interested in that Sgt Pepper thing too:smokin

I wonder.....3 versions:

That's a pretty damn good guess. Not many other titles would command three versions.

We can only hope.:)

Last edited:
3 versions????
Lemmethin'... LP, MC, 8track? :)

FIRST TIME THIS CENTURY: The rebirth of the Quad 8 Track! :D

(Hoping for something good to write about, though)

Here are some other possibilities, all of which have been rumored for surround releases over the last few years:

Alan Parsons Project - I Robot, released 6/77 [30 years ago]

Pink Floyd - Animals, released 1/77 [30 years, 5 months ago]

Dan Fogelberg - Nether Lands, released 7/77 [almost 30 years ago]

The first two certainly would warrant release on 3 formats, though I don't know about Fogelberg. I'd jump on any of them in a heartbeat! :D

Neil often gets some inside scoop on upcoming releases before I see it mentioned anywhere. I am not sure what the difficult management issue is with The Beatles now or why it would be released about two weeks before the 40th anniversary, but I don't have a better guess than Sgt. Pepper's. Three versions, LP, CD and DVD-A? Download, DVD-A, CD?

Maybe a Pink Floyd something? Forty years ago, mid May 1967, Pink Floyd gave the first live quadraphonic performance at Royal Albert Hall, at least I have read that, I sure didn't know it back in '67.

Chris

"Call out the instigator because there's something in the air"

:D

The Beatles never did anything on May 15th at any time in their career together as a band between 63-70...
The closest you have is the world premiere of Let it Be in the USA on may 13th 1970

The Beatles never did anything on May 15th at any time in their career together as a band between 63-70...
The closest you have is the world premiere of Let it Be in the USA on may 13th 1970

May 15 is the announcement date.
Pepper was June 1 in the UK, and June 2 in the USA.
That would be 2 weeks for presales to get stock delivered.....

Back