Sony Blu-Ray Players used for SACD ripping

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2002 is the port required. Perhaps it is a different port for the particular player you are using?

This is true in all cases, the port the computer software listens on is 2002, always.

Also, before you run this command, you need to toggle the output from Stereo/Multi, otherwise it will fail.

This is not the case with an S5100, rather, the sleep server method involves using the OFF button to put the player to sleep as per the instructions in this thread. Doing it this way fully negates the need to toggle the stereo/multichannel menu setting.

The only time you need to toggle that setting is if not using the sleep server method, in other words, that's the awake server method you are describing.

Last edited:
OK. I turned everything off and even unplugged the BD player. Rechecked all the settings - restarted the player with the thumb drive - restarted the computer. Opened the software - toggled the multi to dual and back. Still getting the Failed to connect message. hmmm . . .

OK. I turned everything off and even unplugged the BD player. Rechecked all the settings - restarted the player with the thumb drive - restarted the computer. Opened the software - toggled the multi to dual and back. Still getting the Failed to connect message. hmmm . . .
Hi bFletch
Welcome to QQ
Is there a reason you chose the ISO ripping procedure over the SACD GUI route.
The reason I ask is that I too went initially down the same road and after problems with it, I chose the process I described at the start of this thread, I found it easier and it works.

When I do I get a "Failed to connect - libsacdread: Can't open 10.0.1.76: 2002". I've rechecked all the parameters I know about but it hasn't helped. I'm attaching screenshot of the Sonore window. Thanks for any advice you may have!

How about a screenshot showing the folder tree structure of the USB pen drive?

Bill, after you put the disc in the drawer are you turning the S5100 off? You must power it off and then the drawer will close. Then you hit the execute button.

Bill, after you put the disc in the drawer are you turning the S5100 off? You must power it off and then the drawer will close. Then you hit the execute button.
If I take your comment literally it would change the order I am doing things - which I have wondered about. I have been waiting to open the ISO2DSD software until after I have powered off. I have been powering off (drawer closes) - wait for nothing to show on the Sony readout - remove the thumb drive THEN turn the Sony back on - then open the software - then hit Execute. Just now I tried the sequence opening the software first so i could hit execute after powering off and it didn't change the outcome. I am now checking the box "convert DST to DSD". Thanks.

Hi bFletch
Welcome to QQ
Is there a reason you chose the ISO ripping procedure over the SACD GUI route.
The reason I ask is that I too went initially down the same road and after problems with it, I chose the process I described at the start of this thread, I found it easier and it works.
Hello beerking, Thank you for this thread! I had interpreted (perhaps mis-interpreted) that the SACD GUI software route was just for Windows users and that I had to use the Sonore software being a Mac user. I will go back right now and investigate getting that software - try it out and report back.

Hello beerking, Thank you for this thread! I had interpreted (perhaps mis-interpreted) that the SACD GUI software route was just for Windows users and that I had to use the Sonore software being a Mac user. I will go back right now and investigate getting that software - try it out and report back.
Hi
Good point!!
To be honest I'm not sure that you can use the SACD Gui software for Mac users, I need to research that. Although helpful QQr's might point us in the right direction.
I'll have a look around and see what I can up with.
Cheers
Mike

If I take your comment literally it would change the order I am doing things - which I have wondered about. I have been waiting to open the ISO2DSD software until after I have powered off. I have been powering off (drawer closes) - wait for nothing to show on the Sony readout - remove the thumb drive THEN turn the Sony back on - then open the software - then hit Execute. Just now I tried the sequence opening the software first so i could hit execute after powering off and it didn't change the outcome. I am now checking the box "convert DST to DSD". Thanks.

Hmmm - I use OPPO & Sonore software. Probably a whole different system, but I don't do any power off. I also always leave the USB installed....turn on player, drawer opens...insert disc, close drawer, wait a couple seconds...hit execute and off it goes.

I have been powering off (drawer closes) - wait for nothing to show on the Sony readout - remove the thumb drive THEN turn the Sony back on - then open the software - then hit Execute.

That is the problem, you simply turn OFF the S5100, wait for the display to go dark, then hit Execute. You do not turn the Sony back on. It does not matter exactly when you start the software.

To be honest I'm not sure that you can use the SACD Gui software for Mac users

SACDExtractGUI is available for Mac, Windows, and Linux.

That is the problem, you simply turn OFF the S5100, wait for the display to go dark, then hit Execute. You do not turn the Sony back on. It does not matter exactly when you start the software.

Cool, great to have that confirmed .. (y)
There you go bFletch...had a feeling that would be answered fairly quickly!!

Thanks for the help here @SACD_ripper; you seem very in tune with this subject;)

Once the routine is set up and working; it’s actually the easiest format to rip IMO.

Wait! I think we have a miscommunication here. I thought AR suggested I try turning the Sony off and hitting Execute without turning the Sony back on, so I tried that. But that's not what I had been doing and anyway I got the "failure to connect" message both ways. I'm not sure by SACD_ripper's message whether he means that I should not turn the Sony back on OR that he thought I was not turning it back on and that I SHOULD turn it back on. I hope I haven't just confused things again but I HAVE been turning the Sony back on then hitting Execute and I get the failure. I will write another reply in a minute and report on my efforts with the Mac version of the SACDextractGUI software.

I have found the MacOS version of the same software beerking uses. It opens fine and has some nice features for testing connections. I am still getting failure and Error messages with it, but there are some clues. I am attaching a screenshot of my efforts. The first line of results shows a "test" of the IP address and port. It is showing that port 2002 of the IP address is inaccessible. The next result is an error saying the GUI software is not executable. For the next result I remembered beerking saying that you could get a failure if the naming thread was too long so i changed the long name of the folder the software is in to a shorter name (I can change it back). The last result was my moving the folder directly to the root position of my hard drive in an attempt to shorten the character count even more. All with failures. Are we looking at a problem with the port number? Thanks again!

Attachments

• QQ- bFletch screen shot 2.png
    QQ- bFletch screen shot 2.png
    531.6 KB · Views: 303
BTW, the attachment also shows the folder tree structure of the thumb drive and the software. I don't know when or how the "buda" folder got on the thumb drive. I'm fairly sure it wasn't there when I first put the Autoscript files on there.

BTW, the attachment also shows the folder tree structure of the thumb drive and the software. I don't know when or how the "buda" folder got on the thumb drive. I'm fairly sure it wasn't there when I first put the Autoscript files on there.
I found it helpful to review the first few pages of this thread and make notes (sort of like a checklist) to make sure you're doing everything needed and in order.
beerking and myself were intending to do a new post with that in mind; as a more consolidated checklist of sorts, but just got sidelined with other projects.
Keep after it, plenty of folks here to give valuable input!

The most important part of the initial process is getting the folder and files correct on the thumb drive.
Are using a brand new drive with no other details on it?

Back