HiRez Poll Spinners, The - SPINNERS [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of the Spinners - SPINNERS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
Mine came on Friday, along with the America Holiday disc.

After noting that both SACD cases were not cracked and that the Spinners disc had the V2 inscription meaning I had the corrected disc, I was ready...

I'm not too fond of "Don't Let The Green Grass Fool You" but the rest of the material is great and it sound great. I was not previously very familiar with this album or the Spinners, although I had been aware of them for a long time, and I've always loved the genre of Philadelphia/Symphonic Soul.

As others have reported, a fair amount of the bass and percussion is directed to the rear channels but I do like the presentation anyway.20240119_234049.jpg

Last edited:
This disc is everything I enjoy about quad and music in general. Great songwriting, great arrangements, great performance, great fidelity, and a great quad mix. Sitting here listening to the corrected version just feels good… Not having had this album prior, I feel like I’m listening to a concert in the way that the first four songs are great and varied but unfamiliar, and then they play a couple hits. After another album track that could’ve been a hit, they end the show with three more hits. It’s a great time to be a multichannel music fan.

This is a terrific mix with a strong group of songs that flow well. I gave it an 8 because I keep thinking as I listen that it could use a remix by someone who really knows what they are doing to bring out a bit more lead or backing vocals or a bit more horn here and there. And because I am very picky about bass levels I think the bass needs to be managed better. But running it in the Pure Audio mode which turns off all the room corrections seemed to improve things a lot. Don’t know why that is but sometimes you have to play with things a little even if it’s against your religion like it is for me. Many thanks to the Quadio folks for resurrecting this great album from my teen years!

Thanks for the replacement disc Rhino! I already knew the big hits on The Spinners were
great but even the other songs "I Could Never (Repay Your Love)", the
smokin' Don't Let The Green Grass Fool You, and my overall favorite "Ghetto Child"
just really make this a easy vote of 9. Phillipe Wynne was such a master vocalist. And the String
arrangements....Killer!

Wow, Rhino really came through on this one by providing a replacement for an iconic album which, BTW, wipes even the 2015 SHM~CD Atlantic disc off the map.

SPINNERS rewards the listener with hit after HIT in remarkable 4 channel sonics!

We've waited a long long time [over 50 years] for the rich WEA catalogue to be transferred from those original QUAD masters and now on a state of the art BD~A in 192/24 resolution that time has come! I voted a 10!

R.db5fce83bcdbe4933e30ea71c00ac99f

SPINNIN' OUT WITH THE SPINNERS!

A true classic 70s R&B album. All of the songs are excellent. The quality of the non-singles tracks are beyond my expectations. None of the songs ramble on with ad lib singing as found on some other R&B albums...Even the 7 minute I Could Never (Repay Your Love) does not get monotonous. The album is a classic style quad mix as well. I really like the splitting of the vocals between the fronts and rears.

Highly recommended, even for those only mildly interested in R&B. And thank you again Rhino for fixing this product for us.

Wow, Rhino really came through on this one by providing a replacement for an iconic album which, BTW, wipes even the 2015 SHM~CD Atlantic disc off the map.

SPINNERS rewards the listener with hit after HIT in remarkable 4 channel sonics!

We've waited a long long time [over 50 years] for the rich WEA catalogue to be transferred from those original QUAD masters and now on a state of the art BD~A in 192/24 resolution that time has come! I voted a 10!

R.db5fce83bcdbe4933e30ea71c00ac99f

SPINNIN' OUT WITH THE SPINNERS!
But, you posted a photo of the wrong Spinners.

Has anyone in Europe received the new corrected copy of the Spinner Quadio?
yes, it arrived the other day 🥳 although i haven't had a chance to play it yet 🙏

So ironic that the corrected discs finally start arriving in Europe...and then the last surviving member of the Spinners passes on. I guess his work was done. 🙏

Back