Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We used to dance the night away to this one in the early 80s!
Screenshot 2023-05-08 at 11.54.27 AM.png
Was (Not Was) - Tell Me That I'm Dreaming / Out Come The Freaks (Dub)

all kinds of weird stuff, some from Salvation army and others from my sis in law...
sis in law ones.. obscure Spanish kid band on its last incarnation...a really beat up LP, so much so I had to hook up my other TT cause I did not want to risk my Ortofon stylus for it...
https://www.discogs.com/master/1133095-Gaby-Ruben-Javi-Blanca-Javier-Gaby-Ruben-Javi-Blanca-Javier
only one of them but it's the important one with Jimi! really dig the crickets in the background....
My5qcGVn.jpeg

NS00MDQyLmpwZWc.jpeg

and then the Salvation Army 10 inches..this one is a lot of fun and it's not in a bad shape...
https://www.discogs.com/release/1510342-Xavier-Cugat-And-His-Orchestra-Heres-Cugat
and then some Toscanini conducted Schubert...NOT in very good shape but neither has skips...
https://www.discogs.com/release/480...Orchestra-Unfinished-Symphony-No-8-In-B-Minor
I recently pulled out my original copy of Woodstock and I decided it is unlistenable. Pops and clicks galore. One of the first albums I got when I was about 14. I'm 66 now. I keep thinking about replacing it.

I recently pulled out my original copy of Woodstock and I decided it is unlistenable. Pops and clicks galore. One of the first albums I got when I was about 14. I'm 66 now. I keep thinking about replacing it.
well, you'd be amazed to find out how far the Izotope RX declicking function will take you!!!
I have recovered many an album from the brink; as long as there are no skips, it will CLEAN those suckers til kingdom come... the other LP I posted (Gaby, Ruben...) is basically a "lost cause" because it has one nasty skip-and , mind you, a Linear tracking will play mostly ANY perpendicular scratch, but not if it's parallel to the grooves, but I could post a before and after so you can hear how far it goes. I repaired a Django LP and it sounds like new!

Of course, you can use Click Repair but I think its creator, Brian Davies, has passed on so there are no updates....Brian was really nice, we will miss him....

try it and report back...

Congrats to all who hit record store day!

I put this on again: Analogue Productions pressing. Sounds really good. Someone else here said they always skipped "Cans & Brahms". I used to too, but it's grown on me especially after hearing the backstory. I rather enjoy it now.

This album reminds me how annoyingly IN YOUR FACE most modern vocals are mixed, compared to blending in more with the musical elements, as this does.

View attachment 90860
When I got back into vinyl, this was the first album I bought. The AP version. Sounds so good, I have no need for another copy. Just listen to Bill's ride cymbal in "South Side of the Sky"

Just sold this copy I found in the S. Army.. I have another one in Madrid.. I go this when it came out probably hinting at my loving all kinds of things ESPAÑA, even none of the people in here were Spanish...
And , oh man...HOW I MISS THOSE 70 WOMEN!!! They had this SEXYNESS that later decades girls just did not have.. case in point, this GORGEOUS BRUNETTE, I have ALWAYS loved especially the back cover shot... dang! .. I need a cold shower!
NzYtNDUxNC5qcGVn.jpeg

NjYtODkzNC5qcGVn.jpeg

Last edited:
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!
I sent out for this one in Discogs for $14...the seller stated that it was still in the shrink and with the hype stickers (shout out to @GOS )... well I got it today and ...
IT'S SEALED!!!!!
Could not help it and I am playing even though I should be going to bed...sounds GORGEOUS!
triumph af lp.jpg

Just sold this copy I found in the S. Army.. I have another one in Madrid.. I go this when it came out probably hinting at my loving all kinds of things ESPAÑA, even none of the people in here were Spanish...
And , oh man...HOW I MISS THOSE 70 WOMEN!!! They had this SEXYNESS that later decades girls just did not have.. case in point, this GORGEOUS BRUNETTE, I have ALWAYS loved especially the back cover shot... dang! .. I need a cold shower!
NzYtNDUxNC5qcGVn.jpeg

NjYtODkzNC5qcGVn.jpeg
I purchased the Santa Esmeralda records for the Women on the covers. Same with Ohio Players. The music was secondary. :LOL:

spinning:
Moby Grape (1st) - mono LP
Sugar & Spice - Cryan' Shames mono LP
Dear Mr. Fantasy - Traffic UA 2ch
A Long Time Comin' - Electric Flag promo only mono
Close to You - Carpenters dbx LP

You planted the seeds, Clement. So, I had to spin a few things from the era.

I missed Nuggets when it was first released in the 70's. Had many of those tracks on 45 & LP. Been thinking of spinning those boxes again, or a smattering of tracks.

From Nuggets box, Captain Beefheart's 1966 Diddy Wah Diddy:

spinning:
Moby Grape (1st) - mono LP
Sugar & Spice - Cryan' Shames mono LP
Dear Mr. Fantasy - Traffic UA 2ch
A Long Time Comin' - Electric Flag promo only mono
Close to You - Carpenters dbx LP

You planted the seeds, Clement. So, I had to spin a few things from the era.

I missed Nuggets when it was first released in the 70's. Had many of those tracks on 45 & LP. Been thinking of spinning those boxes again, or a smattering of tracks.

From Nuggets box, Captain Beefheart's 1966 Diddy Wah Diddy:

"planted the seeds"! LOVE it! And LOVE that Beefheart!

NzYtNDUxNC5qcGVn.jpeg

NjYtODkzNC5qcGVn.jpeg
Yes, I used to have that album way back when.

Back