Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JJ

naturally.jpg

Live October 2016 Buchla performance, by a synth legend.

Recording is not in surround, although the performance was. Will feed it through my Surroundmaster decoder, once my surround setup is running again!

View attachment 91000
Hmmm. I learn something new every day here. I didn’t know of anyone except Morton Subotnick who used the Buchla synthesizer (I have his three SQ LPs, and three DVDs). Gotta do some looking for that one.

Live October 2016 Buchla performance, by a synth legend.

Recording is not in surround, although the performance was. Will feed it through my Surroundmaster decoder, once my surround setup is running again!

View attachment 91000
Amazon music (complimentary subscription) has several of her albums, although not that one. A quick preview says my wallet will continue hurting.

Love Andy Williams ❤️ Between my Husband and myself, we have most of his music. Happy Heart was the single. Petula Clark also had a hit with it in UK.

spins:

Dafos - Airto & Mickey Hart 12" 45 test pressing
Chase (LP is actual 2 ch mix) NOT SQ encoded, as are CD's. yes, I have SACD, SQ, & Q8.
Everything But the Girl (US 1st LP)
Bare Trees - Fleetwood Mac
Let's Work Together - Canned Heat 7" 45 test pressing
Art of Rahsaan Roland Kirk 2 LP
Bend Me, Shape Me - American Breed autographed by all four band members. Guys from my old neighborhood, as are Peterik and Ides.

Buchla, you say?

Check this album out:

buchla75.jpg

Suzanne worked at Buchla for a time early on, wrote a paper how to use one in the 70's, and used it on a lot of advertising sound FX ( the famous 70's Coca Cola bottlecap opening sound was her ).

She's also really nice! I got to talk to her at a couple of her shows & a seminar, where she signed that other album above. There is a documentary "A Life in Waves" that's worth watching. It may be on Amazon Prime?

Of course , I went for the double Wally cut first...both sides are "1-B" stampers, so pretty early pressing...
MC00MDgxLmpwZWc.jpeg

and then Mrs Tina Tahrner (like they call her in Spain) in a ...Fixx LP? , ever seen the credits? Cy Curnin and Jamie West-Oram all over! Even Jeff Beck (RIP) in a couple of songs!!! We even have a KCrimson ckonnection, Mel Collins in the Sax!
Unfortunately it's cut in a way that it starts too early for my LT TT but hey...it sounds heavenly, I'd say it's an extremely loud cut but it's on brown translucent vinyl which helps it immensely!
MC05NjE1LmpwZWc.jpeg

Cecilio & Kapono white label w/timing strip promo LP Killer Yacht Rock!

https://www.discogs.com/release/15605247-Cecilio-Kapono-Cecilio-Kapono
Lovin' in Your Eyes

Wonderful World of Andy Williams w/Family (original group cover) 2ch LP

https://www.discogs.com/release/15466447-Andy-Williams-The-Wonderful-World-Of-Andy-Williams

The Name is Makowicz - Adam Makowicz Sheffield Direct to Disc

https://www.discogs.com/release/2632973-Adam-Makowicz-The-Name-Is-Makowicz-Ma-kó-vitch

Deja Vu - Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young MoFi 1/2 speed LP

https://www.discogs.com/release/2517367-Crosby-Stills-Nash-Young-Déjà-Vu

Relax (second coming) 6 mixes, some promo only - Frankie Goes to Hollywood 2 12" 45's promo

https://www.discogs.com/release/64066-Frankie-Goes-To-Hollywood-Relax-The-Second-Coming

Buchla, you say?

Check this album out:

View attachment 91020

Suzanne worked at Buchla for a time early on, wrote a paper how to use one in the 70's, and used it on a lot of advertising sound FX ( the famous 70's Coca Cola bottlecap opening sound was her ).

She's also really nice! I got to talk to her at a couple of her shows & a seminar, where she signed that other album above. There is a documentary "A Life in Waves" that's worth watching. It may be on Amazon Prime?
I saw Morton Subotnik a few years ago when he had a show (not sure if it was a concert or a seminar - he played “Silver Apples” but spent quite a while talking before that), and one thing he distinctly did not want was a “black and white keyboard.” He had a bunch of banana plug jumpers all over the synth that looked plenty groovy, and he autographed my LPs. But calling his compositions “music” is a stretch. Suzanne’s work is certainly musical, at least what I got to listen to last night. I may have discovered someone I want a lot more of.

I saw Morton Subotnik a few years ago when he had a show (not sure if it was a concert or a seminar - he played “Silver Apples” but spent quite a while talking before that), and one thing he distinctly did not want was a “black and white keyboard.” He had a bunch of banana plug jumpers all over the synth that looked plenty groovy, and he autographed my LPs. But calling his compositions “music” is a stretch. Suzanne’s work is certainly musical, at least what I got to listen to last night. I may have discovered someone I want a lot more of.
That's funny!

I have actually never heard Subotnik's music, although I have heard about him for years. Keep forgetting to seek it out: like when you're in a record shop & can't think of anything to look for, until after you get home :D

That's funny!

I have actually never heard Subotnik's music, although I have heard about him for years. Keep forgetting to seek it out: like when you're in a record shop & can't think of anything to look for, until after you get home :D

Again, I don’t know if you would call it “music,” because it’s certainly outside your standard listening experience. I hope you enjoy it.

Back