Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

sealed with hype stickers, about $10..IIRC , this LP was VERY expensive a few years ago cause I tried to get it but, hey...the economy...
Produced by Mike Stone...sounds like Asia!
I remember the title track from back then.. I guess this LP is not in the "package" for 80s FM stations....
On my 80s bright sounding pressings tangent....
NOT translucent, though :(
NjUtNDM5OC5qcGVn.jpeg

sealed with hype stickers, about $10..IIRC , this LP was VERY expensive a few years ago cause I tried to get it but, hey...the economy...
Produced by Mike Stone...sounds like Asia!
I remember the title track from back then.. I guess this LP is not in the "package" for 80s FM stations....
On my 80s bright sounding pressings tangent....
NOT translucent, though :(
NjUtNDM5OC5qcGVn.jpeg
She’s shooting him in the head for making a bad album.

started off with something for a friend...the 4th LPfrom THIS boxset...a bit weird!
MzM4Mi5qcGVn.jpeg

then on to more Salvation Army Rescues!
...found THIS inside a Frank Sinatra jacket (the Mono Strangers in the Night).. it's in STILL playable shape... pretty dirty but I saw it's a translucent brown copy and those can take some serious punishment and still sound great...which it DID! I used to play this when I was a DJ...CHOCK FULL OF HITS! am missing the cover but a quick trip to ebay usually gives me plenty of pics of the inner sleeves as well cause the ones on Discogs are too small!!!
OS5qcGVn.jpeg

then to a rescue from TODAY...got a BUNCH of Classical stuff in MINT condition and this one was one of them...great cover too!
Ny05MTYxLmpwZWc.jpeg

and now something out of left field...did not know who Jeffrey was but it seems he had some GREAT connections back in the 80's! Produced by George Duke and featuring Brian May on one song, and a who's who of session musicians...this one was another translucent vinyl one, LOVE me those translucent babies!
Ni03MTYyLmpwZWc.jpeg

What a GREAT album! And it sounds fresh and powerful through the SM v.2!
View attachment 92219 Squeeze - Argybargy
https://www.allmusic.com/album/argybargy-mw0000194401

I was a relentless child of 70's rock and then graduated into hard rock- of the 80's. Bands like Squeeze (or any British New Wave)...I totally snubbed as rubbish. I never gave any of them 1 second of my time.

As a result, I wouldn't know Squeeze song if it were staring me in the face. I just got an education, on WIKI. Sure didn't know Jools Holland was in the band. Listened to Argybargy on youtube. Simply excellent, catchy, quirky pop..I could easily get into that.

Back