Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Finally cracked this open. It’s the 2018 remix set with vinyl and BDA. This vinyl sounds astonishing!!! Quiet as hell.

View attachment 101060
That remix is one of the most impressive I have ever heard. You can really hear Nick Mason and Rick Wright now. This is my favorite album of all-time, so I know it well. My mouth was agape the first time I heard it.

• Love
Reactions: GOS

For those vinyl lovers who are debating picking this one up. To be honest, unless I was simply tired, I found this mastered just slightly on the bright side. I don't have original pressings to compare to, but I sort of left the evening thinking it was a tad bright and made me turn it down at times. Again, I need to spin again with fresh ears...

Wow lots of 80s music on that: I assumed mid 70s was when they were around!

I have never seen King Biscuit flour advertised, or for sale either?

And earlier!! There's no Sonny Boy Williamson tracks on there

Custom-Advertising-Device.jpg

:LOL:

Ah ha! Found it!

One of my fave Led Zeppelin albums, but least fave album covers. Hipgnosis did a lot of good work, but a lot of crap too. I don't blame Jimmy for cutting ties with them over the "Racket" cover.

presence.jpg

I forgot how live-off-the-floor this LP sounds. I bet they could do a lot with a surround mix: make it feel like you're in the middle of the studio.

Back